• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Underwear for the Camino??

Yeah, that wasn't exactly on my mind while squatting over a hole in a fly infested, smelly, mud-walled Afghan outhouse after consuming a local meal cooked with "glorious" ghee.....
Mark, ghee was not your problem. But would not have traded this moment with you. Nor would all the Paleo ghee consuming people on this forum I'm sure.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You had an outhouse? Man you were living large. A shallow donga was the norm for me!
Yeah, that wasn't exactly on my mind while squatting over a hole in a fly infested, smelly, mud-walled Afghan outhouse after consuming a local meal cooked with "glorious" ghee.....
All the experience that you folks possess... Impressive. Hmm.. I think we are entering into an area of a load of sh*t...

Last edited:
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

You need to get out more. Some companies even make camo underwear now. Not sure why you need camouflage underwear

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Haha - sure, the competition cyclists - have you seen their saddles???? You can buy baggy cycling shorts that take both terry and chamois inserts, so you don't have to wash the shorts each day!! Alternative is to put a real sheepskin (with the wool) cover on the saddle - problem solved!

- and, Alex, the cream is used to soften the chamois after it dries all wrinkly and hard

mountain climbing, in the days of thorn-proof tweed and plus fours .. those chaps wore silk underwear ... silk (so I have read, not personal experience) is the best

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hmm... You must have had quite some experiences; Pleace receive my respect. And I do not mean your squatting experiences. From one soldier to another (Me being the Arctic soldier, border controlling towards Soviet/Finland; It was really cold on those plains and mountains in wintertime.. Generally -30 C )and living in small tents with cerosine stoves in order to survive...

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Intriguing. Anyone know where I can get silk budgie smuggling thongs from?
These sound just the ticket and I think they could be very popular amongst the more 'hip and happening' pilgrims! You know ... a certain "street cred" at albergues when you're all at the sinks washing your smalls ...!

Under Armour 9 inch--Must be good as I took 4 pair and 2 were stolen from drying lines. I don't normally experience chafing but I do when carrying a pack. Believe the waist belt on the backpack lifts up and moves my belt and trousers while walking causing chaffing on inner thighs.

Quick drying underwear and gore tex clothes will walk away from drying lines!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

My wife and I hiked the Appalachian Trail this past year and I swear by "exoficio" underwear. They are light, comfortable, and you can dry overnight. I plan to take 2 or 3 pairs when we do the camino in May.

I laughed when I saw this thread initially but now I'm reading it with interest.
So I'll jump in and ask the question...

What's wrong with wearing the undies you wear at home? Mine don't bunch up or do anything else unusual after a day of running around at home. Especially women's panties (sorry about the P word but it fits). There is not much fabric involved and they dry quickly. I get the bike shorts/commando thing for cyclists but I will be walking...hopefully cheerfully in my regular undies.

Since I wear Macabi skirts when I backpack now, I don Ex Officio briefs with extremely lightweight silk undershorts from LL Bean to prevent "chub rub."

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
What's wrong with wearing the undies you wear at home? ... I will be walking...hopefully cheerfully in my regular undies.

I suppose it depends on what you wear at home. Not sure delicate Primadonna or Simone Perele undies would be suitable. Costco/Target 'sensible' panties, yeah, why not?

This thread is hilarious. My computer is supplying an add for a men's "underwear of the month" club: all different styles for those who would like to try out various options. However, I am afraid to click on the link and of course I don't qualify, as an
Albertagirl

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum