• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Viana anyone? Help please....

mralisn

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-SdC (2005), Camino Norte-Fisterra (2010), SJPdP-Muxia-Fisterra (2012), Camino Norte w/Primitivo-Muxia-Fisterra (2014), Camino Portuguese (2016)
I don´t know what it is about me and towels. In all my years of travel (15 w/29 countries and 2 Caminos before this one), I have only lost 3 items and all 3 are towels.

However, the one I left behind in Viana yesterday (Monday) morning is extremely important to me. I got it when I stayed with the Kuna natives while resting in San Blas for a week 5 years ago. It is more of a surong and really does mean the world to me for many reasons. On the Camino, we talk of ¨letting go¨. The only other item I carry which I value as much are my prayer beads/medieval rosary. I could leave behind everything else, but this cloth is extremely important to me.

Might anyone be in Viana now or in the next couple of days? If so, I would love for you to ask if my surong/towel is still available. It is dark blue with yellow tribal type design. Please ask for me if they have it and let me know. I will work something out to retrieve if so. I have already emailed the alburgue: Andres Muñoz.

I thank you for looking out for me.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Both my long sleeve shirts are still at the hotel in Viana, but that does not help with your towel problem. Maybe Viana is a magnet for forgetfulness... :mrgreen:

Good luck on retrieval.

Good luck with that towel, the hospitalier at Viana had mercy on my white hair and put me into a bottom bunk, I forgot there my parachute!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I suppose this post also goes to those beyond Viana who may meet people who have taken it perfectly innocently from a 'left garments shelf'. From the sound of it mralisn would be happy for it to be sent somewhere and reimburse the postage etc.

I have been assured there is a Camino Angel at work today, and I will have my beloved cloth by the time I sleep tonight in Tosantos. : )

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Camino miracles happen! I returned a luggage clip (???) to its American owner on my first Camino, and it was described (slightly tongue in cheek) as a Camino miracle. She was happy to have it back. It's great when nice things happen, miracle or not.

Buen Camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum