• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Partner Camino Madrid - Fall 2017

• Thread starter Deleted member 56069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56069

My wife advised she will sit this one out as we are already doing the Portuguese route in April 2017.

So I am looking at a potential start date anywhere from mid September 2017 to mid October 2017.

From what I have read so far, pilgrims are often few and far between on this route.

From past hiking experiences in the mountains in Alberta, Canada although solo hiking has some appeal, the possibility of injury/sickness and not having anyone around is not so good.

So anyone with similar feelings, let me know.

My plan would be to go on to Santiago once reaching Sahagun.

I have done the Frances route, so have some good Camino experience under my belt.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I would love to do it, but probably cant commit to it at present. Im already planning Primitivo and Portugues for next year. :/

What I can tell you (if you are interested), is the albergue in Villada (by the main road with parking for campervans) is really nice. If you get there and find it closed, wander up to the hairdresser on the corner about 100m up the road to the town square (near the playground) and ask about the albergue, the lady who runs it, has a son that runs the albergue (not sure if its a private albergue or council). I was the only one there when I started from Villada on my camino. It cost me about 6 or 7 euros for the night.

Also at Sahagun, visit the museum on the hill by the housing complex (or old peoples home). Get a stamp there, pay your fee, take a walk around its worth it, and when you finish you will get a rather nice document similar to a compostella. The lady who was there was very nice and pointed me towards a nearby campsite.

On my walk I saw no one else doing a camino, until I hit Sahagun. I dont think this route gets much traffic after summer. I would still like to walk it all at some point, then carry on to SdC. That first day gave me a taste of the walking along a road that stretches several miles in front of you, while alone. Very isolating, but as long as you have that almost single-minded determination, its very easy to enjoy it (not to mention the blueberries i found in several ditches besides the road in the last few km outside Sahagun).

Good luck on your walk, I am sure you will find it enjoyable.

My wife advised she will sit this one out as we are already doing the Portuguese route in April 2017.

So I am looking at a potential start date anywhere from mid September 2017 to mid October 2017.

From what I have read so far, pilgrims are often few and far between on this route.

From past hiking experiences in the mountains in Alberta, Canada although solo hiking has some appeal, the possibility of injury/sickness and not having anyone around is not so good.

So anyone with similar feelings, let me know.

My plan would be to go on to Santiago once reaching Sahagun.

I have done the Frances route, so have some good Camino experience under my belt.

Hi Zrexer

I'm hoping to walk the CdM - Sahagun - Santiago - Finisterre route in September 2017 but the dominoes all have to fall in the right sequence. I was thinking first weekish in September but have a little flexibility. I walked the Frances in 2015 but have some unfinished business. I don't mind walking solo but company is OK once in while and two heads are frequently better than one. Keep me in mind. I'll know more in a coupe of months.
Dave

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.