• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

walking sticks

Tess42

Hi All
We will be flying in from Australia and making our way to St Jean from Paris ,will we be able to pick up our walking sticks at St Jean? Looks like we will be needing them over the mountains
Tess

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Looks like we will be needing them over the mountains
Their benefits are not limited to mountains. Look for the other threads that talk about their benefits. It is necessary to use them correctly, which is quite different than Yost in "The Way"!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As someone who has just returned a couple of weeks ago, I would highly recommend spending the money and effort to get Pacer Poles. They made all the difference even on the flat terrain. Mine are carbon and they collapse down fairly short and are very lightweight. The angled handle prevented blisters and aching wrists that I had with my other poles.

I did check them in a lawn chair bag by themselves in bubble wrap on the way and then checked them with my pack on the way home.

Most read last week in this forum