• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking through Portugal via Camino Nascente and Torres

Steve57

Time of past OR future Camino
Mid May to mid June 2023. Lisbon to Santiago.
Planning to walk The Rota Vicentina North to South, then onto the Camino Nascente from Tavira , on reaching Transco will join the Camino Torres. This is hopefully take place next March. Have found plenty of information on The Rota Vicentina ( I realise it is not a Camino but looks interesting , coming from NZ, I want to make it worth my while ). Very little information on the Camino Nascente or the Torres I prefere to use guide books rather than GPS to find my way.
Has anyone walked the Nascente followed by the Torres ? Any information would be great fully received. Many thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Has anyone walked the Nascente followed by the Torres ?
I think I have! ;)

Your plan is amazing. Bom caminho!

There is a free Wise Pilgrim community app for the Nascente that you can download. Alternatively, the web version starts here:

There is also an official guide for the Alentejo stages of the Nascente.

Other content of mine:

Caminho Nascente Highlights

Podcast Season 2

Live Threads: Nascente | Torres

Last edited:
I think I have! ;)

Your plan is amazing. Bom caminho!

There is a free Wise Pilgrim community app for the Nascente that you can download. Alternatively, the web version starts here:

There is also an official guide for the Alentejo stages of the Nascente.

Other content of mine:

Caminho Nascente Highlights

Podcast Season 2

Live Threads: Nascente | Torres
Thank you for your information.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I recently finished walking the Rota Vicentina: while not a camino, it is a glorious trail with stunning views. The route is mostly well-waymarked, but GPS backup was helpful in a few spots. We booked our lodgings in advance, which worked out well for us. There's also a good luggage transfer service (https://www.vicentinatransfers.pt/) in case you're interested. I hadn't heard of the Nascente/Torres trails before, so will look them up!

I recently finished walking the Rota Vicentina: while not a camino, it is a glorious trail with stunning views. The route is mostly well-waymarked, but GPS backup was helpful in a few spots. We booked our lodgings in advance, which worked out well for us. There's also a good luggage transfer service (https://www.vicentinatransfers.pt/) in case you're interested. I hadn't heard of the Nascente/Torres trails before, so will look them up!
Thank you for your reply.

Noticed you walked the Camino Portugues last year. I also completed it last year walking from Lisbon. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back