• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weather in June/July on the camino del Norte and Mountains

Coming from Australia and being used to hot weather (and not liking it) I am curious to know just how hot it will be on the Camino del Norte in June/July.

I have the impression that there are numerous extremely high hills, more so than on the Camino Francais, Day 1 from SJPP to Roncavalles and O' Cebriero.

Any advice?

Annie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Anette Rausberg's kept a diary of her walk on the Camino Norte in August and she often comments on the heat. Would you like a copy of her diary Annie? Mail me at sillydoll (at) gmail.com and I will mail it to you.

Sil
I have read Annette's account of her trip and that is what has prompted my question. She talked about the terrible heat and incredible number of difficult climbs. I suppose I was looking for another opinion.

Annie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hoping??!!
Annette walked in August though - I'm sure June/July will be cooler.

Well i am also coming from australia and i am curious about the climbs as well. Will keep checking this post and will perhaps also bump into you as i also am on Camino del norte from mid june to mid july.

Most read last week in this forum