• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weather is unpredictable

FourSeasons

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2016, 2019, 2024
We all know how unpredictable the weather can be on the Camino, especially on the Norte. So, I am seeking your experiences to the amount of rain fall in July and August on the Norte. I'm hoping I won't need rain pants and can get away with a lightweight poncho. Thoughts and stories welcome. Thanks

Angela

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm not familiar with the weather there but you could pack a heavy plastic trash bag and if you are caught in a heavy rain cut the short seam and wear the bag as a skirt.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Looking at historical data, July and August should be pretty dry. However, I experienced a lot of rain this last July and August on the Norte. But I was never cold, so I would agree that bare legs and a poncho is the way to go.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
www.aemet.es

The site has an English language option and is excellent for current and historic weather and climate data.

Just click on the "Bienvido" tab in the upper right of the screen and click on "welcome".

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum