• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weigh Bridges!

Telboyo

Time of past OR future Camino
I intend to leave the UK the day Before Brexit and walkMarch -April 2019 Camino Frances
Has anyone else noticed the number of weighbridges on the CF? Every other village or hamlet seems to have a weighbridge. No shop no Albergue but almost always a weighbridge, a lot of them appear disused yet most villages have them? Were they used to charge tolls depending on weight of the vehicles?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
When I was walking at grape harvesting time I saw a lot of them being used. The whole tractor and trailer would drive on and weigh. So I thought they were for weighing produce from the fields.

I may be wrong though!
Davey

These things? Like Davey, I assumed that they were for weighing produce.

These are big enough to weigh a trailer of wheat or even sheep. But what would you use to weigh a whale?
(A whale weigh bridge).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum