Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Where is this bridge? Just a little fun.

Camino(s) past & future
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
Sorry, I’d meant to offer a guess at this a while ago. This looks like a bridge outside of Burgos on the way to Rabe but I remember a prominent cutwater. Perhaps it was on the other side if this is the same bridge.
Puente del Arzobispo over the Rio Arlanzón is my guess.

According to Google, Palacios de Benaver is a bit northwest. Thank you for the history tidbit!
Quite right.

The quote about Alfonso VI is from Gitlitz and Davidson.

Darby67

Enólogo caminando
Camino(s) past & future
2018 CF Jan-Feb
2019 CF Jan-Mar
As we have veered a bit from bridges I'll add some fresh photos that I took in 1999 with my first digital camera, a whopping 1MP. I apologize for the graininess, best viewed 'SMALLER' rather than larger.

You would find this modest basilica on a variant of the CF, about 3km away. Very unassuming on the exterior. Dating back to the 3rd century. A rich history and well worth the detour.

03.jpg07.jpg11.jpg14.jpg

Last edited:

Darby67

Enólogo caminando
Camino(s) past & future
2018 CF Jan-Feb
2019 CF Jan-Mar
As we have veered a bit from bridges I'll add some fresh photos that I took in 1999 with my first digital camera, a whopping 1MP. I apologize for the graininess, best viewed 'SMALLER' rather than larger.

You would find this modest basilica on a variant of the CF, about 3km away. Very unassuming on the exterior. Dating back to the 3rd century. A rich history and well worth the detour.

View attachment 86194View attachment 86195View attachment 86196View attachment 86211
It is in Rioja. After doing a quick search it appears that it may not have been visited by many on this Forum as of a few years ago. In fact, one person following this thread, had shown some interest. Hope that helps spark some ideas :)

Darby67

Enólogo caminando
Camino(s) past & future
2018 CF Jan-Feb
2019 CF Jan-Mar
It is the Virgen de los Arcos de Tricio.
The plaster vault is a pity....
Correct! Basílica de Santa María de los Arcos. If I remember there has been some controversy regarding some of the restoration over the years, Funny, I just took a look on the web and it appears they removed the asphalt around the front and replaced it with grass. That was something I remember striking me as odd was the asphalt. My 1999 shot on the left. La Rioja Turismo web site on the right.

1603810775051.png 1603810833723.png

RENSHAW

Official Camino Vino taster
Camino(s) past & future
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks on the CF frequently.
Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
Okay , here we go with another option other than a bridge. To start with it will be completely unfair for you to guess the church interior so I will give you a few clues as we go on. The first clue is that this church is in between Pamplona and Logróno.It is apparently owned by private people so it is rarely seen, Found next to a small river.
russia and camino 2014 017.JPG
russia and camino 2014 018.JPG
The facilities beg for an Albergue opportunity.

Advertisement

Booking.com