• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Well this should be fun - April 23rd 2024 start (Gulp!)

Undermanager

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid (x2)
VDLP
Salvador
Primitivo
Finisterra / Muxia
Lana
I can't believe it's been 5 years since the last Camino, but very happy tonight to have bitten the bullet. After loads of messing about, the flight has been booked to Barcelona, arrive midday on the 23rd April. Then straight up to Monserrat for the evening then next day, off we go on the Catalan - Aragonas - bus to Irun - Norde - Santiago - Finisterra, all with a massive pinch of salt and luck. The body (and mind?) is not what it was anymore, but we shall see. I wanted to go a week later just to improve the chances of slightly better weather but there's a public holiday May 1st that seemed to be complicating things so anyway, decision made. I even cleaned the rucksack and did a trial pack a few days ago, just to remind myself what I needed? Not sure if it's possible but have emailed the monastery albergue to see if you can reserve a bed for the first night.

Apart from that, anyone else going around then :) ?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I can't believe it's been 5 years since the last Camino,
Was your last Camino the Lana? I frequently looked at your live thread while getting ready to walk it with @C clearly and @Krimpa last year. And the gorgeous photos — in fact, I think your Cuenca pictures were one of the main reasons I was so eager to take a rest day there!

Buen camino, @Undermanager

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Kind words :) I'm glad you enjoyed the Lana. Yes, it was the last one. It was a lovely Camino to do and Cuenca was a gem. I've been reading lots of stuff about the Catalan Camino, including your own notes.The details for the Lana have been saved away, just in case I have a change of heart at some point this time round. Not impossible ..... :)

So today, I started what I always used to do on caminos, after having to abandon a camino for the second time; 4 weeks before starting, the Gehwol cream is applied twice a day to the feet. If nothing else, it makes your feet smell nice but it allegedly does make your feet less prone to blisters.

And I finally got a new (ish) phone with a bigger battery and screen off of eBay, to replace my aging one. Hopefully, Wikilocs and map reading will be better now ....

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1 - To Montserrat we go ...... 4 yrs since the last Camino, older, less brain cells, easily confused usually followed by a touch of frustration and sometimes panic :) . I left Coventry, UK at...
Hiya, currently on the Camino and I’m in need of some advice on how to split up the days from Huesca until I reach the Camino Aragonés by Santa Cilia. I have a rough plan but the next few days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.