• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Where on the way can I get a credential in order to walk on?

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
Hi all camino friends!

I will do my Camino Portuguese this May, but I have time leftover, so I really want to do some of the Frances once more. I have ca. 10 days leftover, and I ask for your help: Where should I start? Sarria and go slow, or Astorga and go fast, but most importantly: Where can I get a credential in order to be able to walk the last 10 days (which is more or less what I have at my disposal)? Or should I go back all the way to Pamplona and start walking the first stages again, and then finish it (the whole journey) later?

My main wish/thought is to go back to Sarria and walk slowly towards SdC, but where can I get a credential in Sarria?

Or other suggestions? I feel that I am not done completeley after the Camino Portuguese (only 12 days or so...)

I know there are so many skillful peregrinos/peregrinas in here, so I guess some of you have the best advice for me... :?:

Absolutely any suggestions would be highly appreciated, truly.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Alex,

In Sarria you can get a new Credential in the municipal albergue. ie Albergue Xacobeo c/ Mayor, 79. In Astorga Credentials are available at the Albergue Siervos de Maria, Plaza San Francisco, 3 and at the Cathedral.

Whichever route or routes that you may choose I wish you Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

What about the pilgrim office in Santiago when you collect your compostelle after completing the Portuguese? I pick up a new one there every time.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You could consider Sarria to Santiago then on to Finisterra and Muxia and bus back to Santiago, or Santiago to Finisterra to Muxia and back to Santiago.
Either way enjoy. :arrow:

Most read last week in this forum