This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Where to Buy Hiking Poles and Tent Pegs in Oviedo

Arctic_Alex

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2019
CPrim 2023
Still in the vision phase, not even actual planning. But I already wonder where in Oviedo I could buy hiking poles and tent pegs. If possible I might just fly in with hand baggage only and buy these two essentials on the ground in Oviedo as they are not allowed in cabin luggage.
Does anyone know if there is a shop, rather central and with good opening hours? Maybe even on a weekend?

BTW, not planing this as a tent-trip, but might take a tarp or similar with me as emergency shelter for the occasional night where I might not find accommodation.

//Alex

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There are TWO Decathlon sporting goods store in Oviedo, so you can get everything you need there. However, smaller backpacks are allowed on nearly all commercial flights. Unless you are walking a snow camino, a 40L or smaller bag is plenty big for all your needs.

Thank you!
The backpack is not a problem, just the tent-pegs and the poles as airlines do not allow them But those I would certainly find at a Decathlon for sure!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You could show up naked in Spain and get completely Camino outfitted at decathlon! Plus customs would be a breeze. But I wouldn’t recommend doing that…again!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
El Corte Inglés at Calle Uria 9 had a sports/camping type section a few years ago. Open Monday -Saturday 10.00-22.00.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum