Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Correos in Oviedo open on Saturdays?

JohChu

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo, 29 June 2024 to 11 July 2024
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. Two of my colleagues and I will be doing the Camino Primitivo at the end of June and the beginning of July. We will arrive in Oviedo from London late on Friday, June 28th and are planning to start the Camino the following morning. According to several websites listing opening times, most (if not all) of the Correos branches in Oviedo don't open on Saturday mornings, and we were hoping to send our luggage to Santiago de Compostela with their Paq Pelegrino service that morning. I have called the the Oviedo branch listed on https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/...les/Oficinas-Correos-Camino-Santiago_2020.pdf, but no-one is picking up. I'm a bit worried that we might not be able to find an open branch on the Saturday morning, delaying our Camino by a day. Any advice will be appreciated!

Kind regards,
Johann

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi @JohChu, welcome to the forum. I think all Correos offices are closed on Saturday. It is unlikely that you'll be able to take advantage of the Paq Peregrino/Mochilla service unless you spend the weekend in Oviedo and find a Correos Monday morning. I would be entirely happy to spend some time in Oviedo but if you are pressed for time I can see that that might be a problem.

Possible solutions: do you really need that extra luggage? If you do it will be worth contacting some of the other luggage transfer companies, there are quite a few, to see if they can meet your needs. Or, leave the luggage in Oviedo and return and collect it when you're done. There are trains and buses that will get you back to Oviedo much faster than you'll have walked it.

Buena Suerte

Thank you for your reply @Tincatinker. We are unfortunately pressed for time: I'm flying out to Barcelona for a wedding the day after we finish the Camino, and then I'm off to Granada for a week, so I definitely need the extra luggage. I'll have a look at the other luggage transfer companies. Hopefully one of them will be able to help!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Was a time I'd have suggested DHL UK to Barca if you have a suitable recipient for your parcel there. "Personal effects" would have satisfied Customs until recently. Now I'd not be so confident.

I'm a bit worried that we might not be able to find an open branch on the Saturday morning, delaying our Camino by a day. Any advice will be appreciated!
Johann, I could be wrong but I don't believe that Correos open on Saturday morning in Oviedo. And it wouldn't just delay you by one day, rather, two - they won't open until Monday morning.

I think @J Willhaus has nailed it with her excellence suggestion. Fortunate for you that Ivar has just launched this service!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. Two of my colleagues and I will be doing the Camino Primitivo at the end of June and the beginning of July. We will arrive in Oviedo from London late on Friday, June 28th and are planning to start the Camino the following morning. According to several websites listing opening times, most (if not all) of the Correos branches in Oviedo don't open on Saturday mornings, and we were hoping to send our luggage to Santiago de Compostela with their Paq Pelegrino service that morning. I have called the the Oviedo branch listed on https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/...les/Oficinas-Correos-Camino-Santiago_2020.pdf, but no-one is picking up. I'm a bit worried that we might not be able to find an open branch on the Saturday morning, delaying our Camino by a day. Any advice will be appreciated!

Kind regards,
Johann

'Tino' (Valentino) and his colleagues at TaxiCamino will collect stuff from your accommodation in Oviedo and take it to Santiago for you to collect on arrival. Takes 3 days, goes with the same vans as the daily backpack transfers. Tino and co resume their service March 1st. Prices less than Correos. Tino starts collecting in Oviedo at 0800 each morning, so you could leave town and start walking early. Wassapp him via number on facebook link above, you can write in English, he knows how to use Google Translate! I know Tino personally, great guy, have helped pilgrims many times to forward stuff direct to Santiago with Taxi Camino when volunteering in Grado.

'Tino' (Valentino) and his colleagues at TaxiCamino will collect stuff from your accommodation in Oviedo and take it to Santiago for you to collect on arrival. Takes 3 days, goes with the same vans as the daily backpack transfers. Tino and co resume their service March 1st. Prices less than Correos. Tino starts collecting in Oviedo at 0800 each morning, so you could leave town and start walking early. Wassapp him via number on facebook link above, you can write in English, he knows how to use Google Translate! I know Tino personally, great guy, have helped pilgrims many times to forward stuff direct to Santiago with Taxi Camino when volunteering in Grado.
It's good to also know about Tino's TaxiCamino service, thank you @Paul_Garland. I have heard back from Correos in the meantime:

Hi Johann. Correos in Oviedo will be closed on Saturday. But you can booking Paq Peregrino online and we will pick up your luggage on the hotel and we will send to Santiago. The cost is 39,20€. Buen Camino!

Has anyone used their online Paq Peregrino service before? It is very reasonably priced. I'm just waiting to find out whether the luggage will be picked up on the Saturday morning or on the Monday morning.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It's good to also know about Tino's TaxiCamino service, thank you @Paul_Garland. I have hear back from Correos in the meantime:

Hi Johann. Correos in Oviedo will be closed on Saturday. But you can booking Paq Peregrino online and we will pick up your luggage on the hotel and we will send to Santiago. The cost is 39,20€. Buen Camino!

Has anyone used their online Paq Peregrino service before? It is very reasonably priced. I'm just waiting to find out whether the luggage will be picked up on the Saturday morning or on the Monday morning.
I haven't used the Correos Paq Peregrino service but it is often used by pilgrims and reliable. Even if they can't collect on Saturday, ask your accommodation if you can leave your things with them until Monday morning. Two things: Correos requires suitcases to be locked, either with a travel padlock or by a digital mechanical code lock which your case probably has. And make sure you know the opening hours of the Correos office in Santiago at rúa Franco where it will be stored, 150m from the cathedral - open all day every day until 2000 in summer but reduced hours at weekends and in low season very reduced, or no, hours at weekends. More than 1 pilgrim arriving in Santiago with little time to spare before their flight home have been caught out by this!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back