• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to go after O Porrino?

lizarden

Time of past OR future Camino
21st of April -
Hello pilgrims,

I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to make the situation better, but since my flight is in less than a week, I think I have to give up walking. I have been walking a few kilometers and taking a bus to the next stop while taking care of my knees. I have something booked for tonight in O Porrino, but I dont know where to go next (bus, train, taxi...). I cant walk more than 4 kms (maybe) without my knees getting inflammed again...
I will try to follow the route, because I still like the experience, and it is still a mental Camino for me, even though I had to give up the physical part / Compostella.

Which places would you reccomend to stay at, where I can spend the day, coffee, lunch sightseeing ... ?
Thank you all,
Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello pilgrims,

I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to make the situation better, but since my flight is in less than a week, I think I have to give up walking. I have been walking a few kilometers and taking a bus to the next stop while taking care of my knees. I have something booked for tonight in O Porrino, but I dont know where to go next (bus, train, taxi...). I cant walk more than 4 kms (maybe) without my knees getting inflammed again...
I will try to follow the route, because I still like the experience, and it is still a mental Camino for me, even though I had to give up the physical part / Compostella.

Which places would you reccomend to stay at, where I can spend the day, coffee, lunch sightseeing ... ?
Thank you all,
Buen Camino
definitely Pontevedra. the town itself will keep you entertained for a day or two and there are places to visit nearby.

Hello pilgrims,

Thank you all,
Buen Camino
Go to Vigo. A lovely and lively city. Only cost €1.55 by bus. The bus stop is on Av de Galicia. You can easily connect to Santiago, Porto and other bigger cities from here. If you decide to go sightseeing, you can go to Braga from Vigo. If you decide to continue walking, you can continue your Camino from Vigo to Redondela (Portuguese coastal route)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I really enjoyed Padron. The church is one with interesting artifacts. Also, if you knee can handle going up the hill to the church up there near municipal albergue, its a lovely view. St james history up there as well. Or a can would be worth it. Enjoy!

Sorry to hear this, but agree with you that you can still enjoy your camino - just differently! I second Pontavedra ....and Padron is also lovely. Have fun!

Another vote for Pontevedra. Lovely "round" church, a cute city centre, I even played escape rooms there when I stopped in town during my Portuguese Camino.

Any city you decide to stop along the route, see if you can try the pimientos de Padrón (Padron peppers) and the crunchy sardines. They are so delicious.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back