This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Where to stay in Lisbon

Jul 24, 2017
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugués (September, 2017)
I will be in Lisbon for three days before starting the Camino. I will use those days to plan the Camino/route I will be doing.
Any suggestions for accommodations would be appreciated.
And if you have met locals on your trip there who are knowledgeable of the Camino would appreciate their contact info.
Thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

amorfati1

Veteran Member
Jan 5, 2013
Left California - Now living in CH
astrospiral.wordpress.com
2014_Caminho Portuguese (Lisboa to Santiago_4 weeks in May)
this link below from within this forum might provide numerous suggestions/recommendations/ idea.
bom caminho !
and hope you'll enjoy Lisboa ... marvelous place!

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...portuguese-albergues-pensions-and-hostals.81/

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
This is what I have written on other threads:

I gave up staying at youth hostels years ago, since I found that the typical patron has very different nocturnal habits than someone who wants to sleep through the night. I do know there are lots of youth hostels in Lisbon, though, and some have gotten good reviews on the forum, so I'm sure someone will offer you some options.

But for a small pensión (called residencial or pensao in Portuguese), I always recommend the Pensao da Prata http://www.pensaoprata.net/v1/

It's in the Baixa area. River in front of you, castle/cathedral up the hill to the left, Bairro Alto up the hill to the right. It's in a great location, about five minutes to the cathedral, where the first arrow is. Small and family run. And diagonally across the street from Paco Real, a little cafe/pasteleria with home cooked meals and home cooked pastries that are very good.

Reactions: MTtoCamino

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Aug 12, 2012
Colorado, USA
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
My wife and I spent three nights at the Lisbon Short Stay Apartments http://www.lisbonshortstay.com/ on the Rua dos Sapateiros after completing our Camino Portugése earlier this year. In terms of facility, it was more than an albergue/hostel but less than a full-service hotel. The location was great, in the heart of the Baixa district, five-minute walk from the Biaxa-Chiado metro stop and the Rossio train station, and approx 15 minute walk from the cathedral. It's kind of an artsy, Andy Warhol meets Ikea place, and surprisingly affordable, given the location, but certainly more costly than a hostel.

Jul 24, 2017
Camino Portugués (September, 2017)
Does Paco Real has stamps? Thinking of having breakfast there before starting walking

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum