• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Lisbon

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugués (September, 2017)
I will be in Lisbon for three days before starting the Camino. I will use those days to plan the Camino/route I will be doing.
Any suggestions for accommodations would be appreciated.
And if you have met locals on your trip there who are knowledgeable of the Camino would appreciate their contact info.
Thanks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I will be in Lisbon for three days before starting the Camino. I will use those days to plan the Camino/route I will be doing.
Any suggestions for accommodations would be appreciated.
And if you have met locals on your trip there who are knowledgeable of the Camino would appreciate their contact info.
Thanks!
this link below from within this forum might provide numerous suggestions/recommendations/ idea.
bom caminho !
and hope you'll enjoy Lisboa ... marvelous place!

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...portuguese-albergues-pensions-and-hostals.81/

My son and I stayed in this hostel (YES! Lisbon Hostel) immediately after completing the CF last year. It's in the historic center of the city, great atmosphere, great food, and comfortable rooms. We liked it so much, we stayed in their sister hostel in Barcelona for a week after Lisbon. Highly recommend.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This is what I have written on other threads:

I gave up staying at youth hostels years ago, since I found that the typical patron has very different nocturnal habits than someone who wants to sleep through the night. ;) I do know there are lots of youth hostels in Lisbon, though, and some have gotten good reviews on the forum, so I'm sure someone will offer you some options.

But for a small pensión (called residencial or pensao in Portuguese), I always recommend the Pensao da Prata http://www.pensaoprata.net/v1/

It's in the Baixa area. River in front of you, castle/cathedral up the hill to the left, Bairro Alto up the hill to the right. It's in a great location, about five minutes to the cathedral, where the first arrow is. Small and family run. And diagonally across the street from Paco Real, a little cafe/pasteleria with home cooked meals and home cooked pastries that are very good.

My wife and I spent three nights at the Lisbon Short Stay Apartments http://www.lisbonshortstay.com/ on the Rua dos Sapateiros after completing our Camino Portugése earlier this year. In terms of facility, it was more than an albergue/hostel but less than a full-service hotel. The location was great, in the heart of the Baixa district, five-minute walk from the Biaxa-Chiado metro stop and the Rossio train station, and approx 15 minute walk from the cathedral. It's kind of an artsy, Andy Warhol meets Ikea place, and surprisingly affordable, given the location, but certainly more costly than a hostel.

My wife and I spent three nights at the Lisbon Short Stay Apartments http://www.lisbonshortstay.com/ on the Rua dos Sapateiros after completing our Camino Portugése earlier this year. In terms of facility, it was more than an albergue/hostel but less than a full-service hotel. The location was great, in the heart of the Baixa district, five-minute walk from the Biaxa-Chiado metro stop and the Rossio train station, and approx 15 minute walk from the cathedral. It's kind of an artsy, Andy Warhol meets Ikea place, and surprisingly affordable, given the location, but certainly more costly than a hostel.
Does Paco Real has stamps? Thinking of having breakfast there before starting walking

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back