• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Which app?

Gumnut

gumnut
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2016
  • Although I'm hoping to disconnect from most e-distractions while walking, I would like to have an iPhone Camino Frances App that allows you to access maps and accommodation options off line in an easy to use format!
Any suggestions?!

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I use the Camino Pilgrim one on Android. It has an offline map option, and you can build your own stages. Each town/village has accommodation with links and phone numbers.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
  • Although I'm hoping to disconnect from most e-distractions while walking, I would like to have an iPhone Camino Frances App that allows you to access maps and accommodation options off line in an easy to use format!
Any suggestions?!
I have purchased the Trek Right app after reading a recommendation on this forum for it ,and it looks very good. I am starting next week so I will be able to feedback how good it is

I have purchased the Trek Right app after reading a recommendation on this forum for it ,and it looks very good. I am starting next week so I will be able to feedback how good it is
Thanks AJRK - looking forward to the review!! Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wise Pilgrim all the way. This is a terrific app. Well worth the price. The alburgue reviews were excellent and being able to check where you were relative to the Camino was incredibly valuable.
Thanks TomNorth
I've had a look at it and it does look pretty comprehensive.
gumnut

Thanks AJRK - looking forward to the review!! Buen Camino
Just downloaded the Wise Pilgrim app,on the plus side I like the elevation feature and I like the way it lets you know which accommodation can be booked on Bookings.com. On the down side you need an Internet connection to use the maps. I think the TrekRight wins hands down with its off line maps that you can download and store on your phone before you go it also has a really cool compass that knows which way you should be going and has an extra arrow colour to guide you in that direction also lots of information on accommodation . I will now be using both apps side by side Hope this helps Alan

Most read last week in this forum