• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Whimsy on my equipment

What whimsy should I include, and why?

• kite (150 grams)

• hard drive (300 grams)

• tent (200 grams)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Time of past OR future Camino
please see signature
@AlwynWellington

Intending to leave from Le Puy-en-Velay about 5 April after arriving in Lyon on 2 April from Wellington, Aotearoa-New Zealand.

Expect to pass through St-Jean-Pied-de-Port early May en route to Santiago de Compostella.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I haven't been yet, but I would think a kite will attract conversation and spark joy. A hard drive is.... well, not whimsical.

Use the cloud for downloads (it doesn't weigh much) The tent will be happier at home. Bring a gift....... Willy, Utah, USA

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Kite, kite, kite.......

I had a weekend on Arran and bought a kite for £2. Loads if fun and lots of people wanted to have a go.

You will absolutely love the West Highland Way. I walked it last May, ending in Fort William. The Glencoe area is spectacular.

Most read last week in this forum