• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Yoga Hombre

uncle_ben

Time of past OR future Camino
Current [Sept. 14, 2018] - SJPDP to Santiago
(2006) Lugo to Santiago
¡Hola todos :cool:!
I'm returning to El Camino after 12 years and thrilled to be part of this community once again.

My current plan:
- fly from Geneva to Biarritz on Sept. 13, arriving at 8:20PM
- share transport to SJPDP that evening around 9PM, arriving in SJPDP around 10PM, hopefully find a bed
- couch surfing in Biarritz! :)
- travel to SJPDP on Sept. 14 (still trying to figure out the best option for this)
- register a pilgrim; eat; prepare to walk; find a bed (I think my best option is to spend a day in SJPDP because of the time it will take to get there, mentally readying myself, and any unknown obstacles that might pop up)
- start walking west in the afternoon of the 14th from SJPDP
- ship bag to Roncesvalles (why not make the first day easier, if possible, right?)
- start walking west on Sept. 15, not too early, not too late
- arrive in Santiago ~30 days later
- optional: The Camino de Fisterra, depending on time and physical condition
[I will try to update my plans as they become clearer]

In 2006, I studied in Spain at La Universidad de Alicante. While I was there, we had a wonderful professor that would take a self-selected group of students on a week long Camino each semester. We took a train from Alicante to Lugo and started our 5 day walk from there. My time on the Camino was the most positive and memorable experience I had while studying abroad.

I'm currently on a 6-7 month trip around the world, including Vietnam, India, and now Europe. The only thing I know I want to do right now is complete (or at least attempt) the Camino Frances before leaving. I can't wait to start walking and sharing the experience with you all once again.

p.s. I studied yoga and became a certified instructor in Mysore, India during this trip. I hope to share the practice with others along the way through short classes or simple sun salutations in the mornings (or evenings, why not). Please message me or join in if you ever see me stretching along the way.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
From one yogi to another: Buen Camino!

For me, walking to Finesterre really and truly completed the entire journey. After 40 days of walking to Santiago, I felt like I dropped into a truly spiritual energy during those last 3-4 days on my way to the end of the world. It was awesome...

Cheers and namaste.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome back Uncle Ben!

Buen Camino!

(By the way, Geneva to Santiago is a very nice camino too)!

Davey

Ben,
My friend and I begin our walk on Sept 13 from SJPP and will certainly look for you along the way. As fellow yoga instructors, we'll be bending and stretching our way towards Santiago along with you and others. Hope to meet and share a practice!

Welcome back Uncle Ben!

Buen Camino!

(By the way, Geneva to Santiago is a very nice camino too)!

Davey

Thanks Davey! I did some reading on Le Puy Camino and I wish I could walk from here but.... time, money, and my visa window won't allow it this trip. Maybe next time! I also thought about biking but I think I really want this experience to be on foot.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ben,
My friend and I begin our walk on Sept 13 from SJPP and will certainly look for you along the way. As fellow yoga instructors, we'll be bending and stretching our way towards Santiago along with you and others. Hope to meet and share a practice!

Thanks Krista! I'll be starting a day or two after you but hope to see you along the way!

Hi Ben-
Wow! What an adventure you are on. A friend and I will walk out of SJPDP on the 16th so we will be a day behind but hope to run into you. As a fellow yogi, I look forward to hearing how you are able to integrate your practice into your pilgrimage. Please do share tips along the way.
Best-
Jen

Hola Ben! Your excitement comes through in your post! I am excited for you. Like the idea of sending your pack ahead to Roncesvalles. My pack walking over the Pyrenees was too heavy and was the start to my horrible tendinitis. I would have LOVED to meet a fellow yogi along the Way to find ways to practice. Yoga was a big part of my rehab once I got back home and has become integral to my pilgrimages--for the physical, mental and spiritual advantages. Wishing you well. Buen Camino!
ultreia,
elle

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back