• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Victorian pilgrims

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2003; Lourdes - Burgos 2006; LePuy to LaFaba 06
Hello,

I thought that it might be nice to have a Victorian thread here, as there seems to be great support from people in SA, NSW, WA and NZ.

I'm in Melbourne, and met a few fellow pilgrims either on the Camino, here at home, at workshops. This forum can allow some locals to get to know each other.

Feel free to add any comments, and I am more than happy to offer any advice or stories. Especially as I start to plan my next Camino (in 2 years)

Cheers
AussieJames

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi AussieJames,

I did my first camino this year in May and June and am planning on going again in May 2011. I live near Melbourne.

It was such a magical experience I can't wait to go again. Last time I walked the 800 kms but this next time only about 400kms as I can't get enough leave to complete the 800kms.

If anyone also wants to ask me questions, feel free to do so.

Sharondb

Hi Victorians,
I did my first camino in late May early June this year, from Seville to Merida on the Via de la Plata. I am planning to spend 10 days in late April/early May 2011 to walk from Merida to Salamanca. I had a wonderful experience on the first leg, and I now know the most important thing is to enjoy the journey, so I am quite relaxed about where I end up. But I do want to walk to the arch at Caparra. I am continuing Spanish classes with Spanish Cat - this is definitely helpful. I am planning to take less in my backpack, will post forward things I want for after the camino. I am feeling a bit relaxed about the journey - finding it hard to get back into a walking routine, but I know the coming Victorian summer will be good training for anything Spain can throw our way. I am happy to share any info or general enthusiasm.
Voy a dar un paseo
Marianne

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi All

I'm living in Melbourne, too. Did the Camino Frances from St Jean to Finisterre in April of 2009. A fantastic experience that comes back to me throughout the day, every day. Even after all this time.

And yes, I'm keen to do it again, but probably along a different route (the Camino del Norte, perhaps), and starting from further away (Le Puy, maybe). But that will have to wait till at least late 2011.

Buen Camino, wherever you walk (even in Collins Street!)
Eric

A group interested in the Camino and associated with the Melbourne Bushwalking club meets once a month for a social event in Melbourne, usually towards the end of the month. If you are interested email garis.alexander@gmail.com

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back