• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Rocío pilgrimage

C

Castilian

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks for reminding! I forgot that the pilgrimage is this weekend. To get in the mood, I just went to YouTube and listened to the Salve Rocio! It's so beautiful and powerful!

the Salve Rocio! It's so beautiful and powerful!

Yes, the Salve Rociera is nice and very popular in Andalucía. It was created by Manuel Pareja Obregón. Those of you that don't know it, can take a look at the link available under Referencias on this other link to hear it:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Pareja_Obregón

BTW, if you liked the Salve Rociera, you might like this other Salve too that was the official anthem for the Hispanic-American Marian Congress of Seville in 1929 (links to hear it available on "Enlaces Externos) and that it's still nowadays quite popular not just in (areas of) Andalucía but also in other areas of Spain:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salve,_Madre

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
And this version..when our former queen died ( from spanish descent ) a local spanish-belgian choir was asked ( to the queen's own request ) to
sing the Salve. And one of her cousins joined in.

It got some bad critics because people mocked the less professional singing but to me it comes from the heart.
In the public you can see King Juan Carlos from Spain singing along.

I remember watching that on TV, Sabine. Indeed, it came from the heart!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back