• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Camino Podcast 2015-12-14

No permission to download
Hi everyone,

I've started a Camino Podcast. It's available on iTunes and Soundcloud. The first three episodes were posted over the weekend, and from here on I hope to post weekly. The goal of the podcast is to bring together a bunch of different perspectives--authors, experts, recent pilgrims, etc.--on pilgrimage. While the Camino is central to this, the podcast will cover other pilgrimage routes as well. I hope to do some big picture stuff, while also giving attention to some very practical matters.

Episode 1 is primarily an introduction to the podcast and to me. I share a few of my own stories from the road--my first pilgrimage on the Camino Francés, some surprising pilgrim companions on St. Olaf's Way in Norway, and an upsetting experience in a monastery in San Gimignano on the Via Francigena.

Episode 2 features Cheryl Grasmoen, board chair of the American Pilgrims on the Camino. We talk about APOC's work and the dramatic increase in Americans walking the Camino. I also get a trip report from a recently returned pilgrim, and do some gear talk with another.

Episode 3 highlights the new guidebook to Italy's Way of St. Francis, through an interview with its author, Sandy Brown. I also speak with one of my high school students about her experience on the Via Podiensis in France over the summer, and another recently returned pilgrim about her favorite piece of gear.

Please get in touch if you're interested in participating. I'm really interested in speaking with pilgrims who have returned recently and have stories to tell, advocates of specific pieces of gear, individuals who want to share a pilgrim book that they loved, and a whole range of other possibilities.

Take care,
Dave
Author
Dave
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Dave

Latest reviews

Love this podcast!!
I was so happy to have discovered this podcast. It is entertaining and informative. I have greatly enjoyed the episodes I have listened too. (Especially the interview with jack hitt and the episode on blisters). The host has a pleasant voice, and the sound quality is very nice. Looking forward to more!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back