• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

10th C Monasterio de San Salvador de Carracedo

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Caminos Frances 2013-Ingles 2014-Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017-Via Francigena 2018 & 2019
We are thinking of taking a 6km detour to 10th C Monasterio de San Salvador de Carracedo, on our next Camino. Unfortunately I cannot find out very much about it only what John Brierley has to say, and there is very little on the web that I can find out about it just photographs! Does the museum open every day and it appears according to Brierley to have an Albergue have you anymore information please.?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
it is really interesting, but if you've already seen a zillion churches and monasteries in the last few days, maybe not. I have not stayed at the albergue, but it is an "albergue turistico," not a dedicated pilgrim place.. which is not always a bad thing! It looks very clean and nice from outside. And there are at least two little restaurants right there in the town, too.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Margaret your a real gem thank you.
You too Rebekah that is useful to know too, thank you

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum