• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

11 days to walk to Santiago

Paulro

I have 11 days to reach Santiago. Earlier in the year I walked from Leon to Finnisterre and have an opportunity from next weekend to walk again. I would like to end the walk in Santiago. Is there an obvious point at where I should begin?
Thanks for your help.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi, Paul,
A lot depends on how far you walk each day of course, but you might be able to make it from Aviles. I think Aviles is probably a little under 300 km from Santiago. It's well connected to the bigger places nearby -- lots of connections to Oviedo and Gijon for instance. If you don't want to push it that much, I think Luarca is a very do-able ten days to Santiago. And Luarca is a very pretty town on the coast, a nice place to spend a day. Who knows what kind of weather you'll be in for, but Buen Camino if you go for it! Laurie

Hi Paul,

I agree with Laurie - we did it in September from Luarca in 10 days with the last day being a short 6 miler into Santiago. There are some quite long stretches ~ 40Km depending on how you split it up with a lot of hills, e.g., out of Mondoñedo. Depending on time of year and the weather Aviles might be a bit too far. I would highly recommend this route - the albergues are generally very nice and the scenery is spectacular. Do get the Confraternity of St James's guide, it is invaluable.

David

ps: Luarca - Santiago is about 190 miles along the Camino (we had a GPS)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum