• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1st timer starting the Mozarabe from Granada on Ash Wednesday 2015

SoGrateful

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm in Amunecar now (1-29-2015). Hope to find a way to walk to Granda from here, and then use the fabulous Pilgrim's Guide for the Mazarab Way of Santiago and onward VdlP. Target start date: Ash Wed
I did a dry run of my first day on the Camino Mozarabe from Granada today. I walked from my hosel by la cathedral to Atarfe and back- about 30k round trip. I'm happy to find the path well marked. I was so excited at my first sighting of the Camino signage (yellow arrow) close the the cathedral in Granada! The practice run (well, walk:) went better than I exected. I thought I'd have more questions, or somehow realize I'm unprepared. But all is well. My feet are sore and I have a small blister on my little toe, but feeling no worse for ware. I'll be going to get my Credential tomorrow. There's supposed to be a place close to the cathedral where I can get one but I haven't found it yet. If anyone can provide me with a specified adress for this I greatly appreciate it. If I don't get my credential tomorrow I'll have our Camino angle, Ivar, send me one. Also, as I'm new at this, I'm wondering if I should call ahead to the Albergue del Puerto in Pinos Puente to confirm that I can stay there on my first night. Anyone have thoughts about this? I'm quite certain that it won't be full of other pilgrims-given the time of year- but I'm thinking it may not even be open yet. Is anyone else walking the Mozarabe way around this time? I'd love to hear from you if you are. I'm expecting the way to be pretty quiet until maybe Cordeba. Any thoughts or advice is welcome.
Burn Camino,
SoGrateful

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi!
Here is the info for the Association in Granada. Opens on Tuedays and Thursdays from 18h30 to 20h00. They can provide you with a credencial.
http://eliniciomozarabe.es/contactar/
I plan to be on the same camino starting early May.
Have a good one,
Cheers,
Jean-Marc

Hi!
Here is the info for the Association in Granada. Opens on Tuedays and Thursdays from 18h30 to 20h00. They can provide you with a credencial.
http://eliniciomozarabe.es/contactar/
I plan to be on the same camino starting early May.
Have a good one,
Cheers,
Jean-Marc
Thanks! You saved the trouble of trying get my credential tomorrow. I suspect I'll discover even more information here to prepare me for my Camino. I'll say a prayer of gratitude to light the way for you in May
Buen Camino,
Bernard
~SoGrateful

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.