• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2016 September/October Peregrinos Departures

Wish you both a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi MacMac , it's a lovely time of the year to go for a walk according to my wife anyway.
Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello MegH, I also fly into Biarritz on the 15th from Gatwick arriving at 15.50. If that coincides would you be interested in a Taxi share? Thought to find some walkers at the airport to link up with but as we're there at on the same date......
Hi Steven. I will look out for you. I have whitefish hair and my rucksack is red, black trousers, faded, and smoky green shirt. It is all becoming a bit real now!
Meg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi MacMac , it's a lovely time of the year to go for a walk according to my wife anyway.
Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.
Thank you, Peter Been practising in the Aquitaine rain the past two days, so I am all set!! Hehe!

I'm starting my 1st camino shortly . Allyson September 21st (Sarria)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Steven. I will look out for you. I have whitefish hair and my rucksack is red, black trousers, faded, and smoky green shirt. It is all becoming a bit real now!
Meg

Walked through to Burguete today, may have passed you somewhere. It was such a cracking day I just went for it, didn't stop and managed to get here in six hours. Hope the rain missed you. I did find the walk down into Roncevalles the toughest part, glad to have had a knee support to slip on. Where have you stopped?

Meg

Do you wear your hair in a single long plat, if so I spoke to you, you where leaning against a bank relaxing your feet. Maybe, maybe not. Near the top after the wood.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Nonami and team, and every poster in this useful thread.
Please kindly add me to the list, thx.
Will be starting from SJPP on October 17th.
I am packing light and I am somewhat well prepared, to the extent one ever is.
Should anyone be planning a 20 days or so type of run to Santiago in this early winter season, lemme know and let's share ideas.
Buen camino a todos!!

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi! I am leaving from Leon in 15th of October. Thanks. Sarmite

I'm planning to start at Los Arcos on Oct.11. Thanks. - Mark

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, and excited to begin my first Camino on October 5th, St. Jean Pied de Port! I also want to say what an amazing and helpful resource this page has been. Thank you!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, i am (Jasmin Lee) starting on the 27th September from Lorca where i stopped 5 years ago.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ray and Tanya from Canada departing SJPdP October 4th.
This website has been incredibly helpful in planning the trip. I'm making a donation today.

Ray and Tanya from Canada departing SJPdP October 4th.
This website has been incredibly helpful in planning the trip. I'm making a donation today.
Im from Canada as well. Prince George, BC. Be in SJPdP on October 7th, depart on 8th

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Look forward to meeting some on you between Sarria and Santiago 11 to 18 October Arriving Santiago airport 1620 on 11th. If anyone would like to share a taxi to Sarria please contact me

Last edited:
Hi , I will start the Camino on 29th October from St Jean Pied de Port. I will walk only one week until Sunday 6th, I hope to finish in Burgos and start again in spring from there.
If anybody wants to share a taxi from Biarritz Airport to St Jean Pied de Port on Friday 28th at 17:30/18:00 please contact me.

Simone

Starting in St Jean on the 2nd October and finishing in Logrono on the 12th October. Hopefully more next year.

Hope to see some of you along the way.

Buen Camino from The Essex Three

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, and excited to begin my first Camino on October 5th, St. Jean Pied de Port! I also want to say what an amazing and helpful resource this page has been. Thank you!
Me too! Maybe see you tackling the big Hill on the 05th....Buen Camino ....

I start my Camino deployment tomorrow.
Crossing to Santander tomorrow, then heading to Asturias for a couple of training days in the mountains. I expect to see people in Leon maybe Friday or Saturday. After that I start making it up as I go. Hopefully my feet remain in one piece.
Wish I had bought a guide book, but I guess that's why I have a phone and internet.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks so much for doing this. I begin my camino on October 16 from St. Jean Pied de Port.

Hi Simone, wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Currently sat in the alburgue in Villada. I may meet people tomorrow night at a alburgue in Sahagun.

Buen Camino

Attachments

• WP_20161007_19_49_29_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum