• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

5 June 2015 Camino - Who's with me?

SuperPilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
CF June 5, 2013
CF June 5, 2015
CF June 3, 2017
CN May 27, 2019
It is time for my second Camino. It will be exactly two years from my first. I've learned more than I could ever imagine. Over 700 photos and several books later I am ready to go again.

Here is a video I made after my last camino:

On June 5th I will start waking out of St Jean Pied de Port.

Anyone else starting around this time?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hey Bob -- I'm starting from St Jean on May 30 -- this is my first go so you may catch up to me :)
Beautiful video and perfect song.
Andrea

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is time for my second Camino. It will be exactly two years from my first. I've learned more than I could ever imagine. Over 700 photos and several books later I am ready to go again.

I will be spending June 4 in SJPP (if I can get from Biarritz Airport!) and starting my walk on June 5 as well!!

Hello Bob,
My husband and I are starting on June 1st in St Jean. We are slow walkers so I'm sure you'll catch up sometime during the walk. I enjoyed your video very nicely done.

Janet and Dale

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Bob,
My husband and I are starting on June 1st in St Jean. We are slow walkers so I'm sure you'll catch up sometime during the walk. I enjoyed your video very nicely done.

Janet and Dale
Janet and Dale,
I have a pretty fast schedule set for this Camino. This is my second and I have read every book, article and blog post I can find on the Camino. Have you walked it before? Do you have a schedule?

Bob

Doing my first but starting around Leon or Ponferrada on June 18/19. Something like that. May cross paths perhaps!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Janet and Dale,
I have a pretty fast schedule set for this Camino. This is my second and I have read every book, article and blog post I can find on the Camino. Have you walked it before? Do you have a schedule?

Bob
Hi Bob,
We are coming from CA to Paris and then to St Jean. Haven't worked out the details there but were thinking of walking to Orisson as soon as we get there and spending the night and then on to the Pyrenees. We hear the that's the hardest.
The weather seemed great from your pics in June. We have been walking training on flat paths but we're slow and sounds like you'll be walking much faster. Can you recommend some albergues along the way and if you made reservations? It so nice to find someone that's done this and to answer some questions. From reading some of your posts looks like you had a rough go 2 years ago...it's amazing you finished. You must feel so accomplished and proud.
Hoping we can meet you somewhere along the way. Thanks for all your input. Buen Camino

Doing my first but starting around Leon or Ponferrada on June 18/19. Something like that. May cross paths perhaps!
I'm starting on June 14th at Ponferrada and I don't have any urges to speed through it. I'm thinking 10 miles a day so I can really enjoy everything. Hopefully our paths will cross!

I'll be packing my bag ready to leave NZ the following evening. However, we are unlikely to meet as I'm walking from Porto! Maybe well see you in Santiago at the end of June if you're speedy.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Janet and Dale,

Bob

Hi Bob
How fast is your schedule ? I'm planning my trip for 1st week of June and wouldn't mind walking the camino with a group.

Hi Bob,
We are coming from CA to Paris and then to St Jean. Haven't worked out the details there but were thinking of walking to Orisson as soon as we get there and spending the night and then on to the Pyrenees. We hear the that's the hardest.
The weather seemed great from your pics in June. We have been walking training on flat paths but we're slow and sounds like you'll be walking much faster. Can you recommend some albergues along the way and if you made reservations? It so nice to find someone that's done this and to answer some questions. From reading some of your posts looks like you had a rough go 2 years ago...it's amazing you finished. You must feel so accomplished and proud.
Hoping we can meet you somewhere along the way. Thanks for all your input. Buen Camino
Cookchik,
I'm not an expert in ablergues because I tend to stay in hotels. When staying in albergues you don't really need reservations until near the end of the Camino and often you can make them the night before. The best advice I can give is to start as early in the morning as humanly possible. June weather is fantastic, but the mid-day sun can be brutal. If you leave early you can finish your walking before lunchtime and spend the day seeing the next town. It was advice I heard dozens of times from people who have done the camino in the past.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Bob
How fast is your schedule ? I'm planning my trip for 1st week of June and wouldn't mind walking the camino with a group.
Spnshangl,
I have an incredibly detailed schedule including topographical and elevation maps. I've also detailed all the important things to see and do each day including notes on when there will be no food, water or banks available. Last camino was a great learning experience. I've read so many books and blogs. This time I am prepared, maybe over prepared, but I love the Camino.

Bob
bob@placementdirectory.com
(email me for my schedule)

Great video.
I'm kicking off from StJdeJ on 27th May so hopefully!! won't see you.
All the Best,
Ros.

Cookchik,
I'm not an expert in ablergues because I tend to stay in hotels. When staying in albergues you don't really need reservations until near the end of the Camino and often you can make them the night before. The best advice I can give is to start as early in the morning as humanly possible. June weather is fantastic, but the mid-day sun can be brutal. If you leave early you can finish your walking before lunchtime and spend the day seeing the next town. It was advice I heard dozens of times from people who have done the camino in the past.
Thanks for your advice Bob ...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Aloha Bob your video is great especially the fact that you put my favorite song on it. I thought this song would help me out through the journey to remind me that the joy is in the journey and each moment. I arrive in Barcelona on June 1st but really wanted to start walking then. My walk buddy backed out so Im doing it alone and a bit nervous about being in that big city since I am from Maui so I will jump on the train and head over to Pamplona that same day. But was considering changing flights so I could start the camino on the first like I really had wanted to in the first place. I am not as prepared as you and this is my first Camino. I am so excited! I hope I will get to meet you. Mahalo Nui Loa, Tanda

Aloha Bob your video is great especially the fact that you put my favorite song on it. I thought this song would help me out through the journey to remind me that the joy is in the journey and each moment. I arrive in Barcelona on June 1st but really wanted to start walking then. My walk buddy backed out so Im doing it alone and a bit nervous about being in that big city since I am from Maui so I will jump on the train and head over to Pamplona that same day. But was considering changing flights so I could start the camino on the first like I really had wanted to in the first place. I am not as prepared as you and this is my first Camino. I am so excited! I hope I will get to meet you. Mahalo Nui Loa, Tanda

Tanda,
If you have the possibility to walk from SJPP you should go for it. If you want to walk with us you could easily spend a day in the amazing city of Barcelona (I lived there for almost 4 years and loved it). Then take a train/bus to SJPP and get there on the 4th. We will arrive in SJPP on the morning of the 4th and get everything settled with our pilgrims passport etc. We will start our Camino extremely early in the morning on the 5th. The first day from SJPP to Roncesvalles is the hardest day on the Camino if you get stuck out in the mid-day sun. It is tremendously easier if you get a lot of it done before 10am. I've seen 65 year old friends walk it like it is nothing, but I've seen multiple college kids and otherwise fit people get broken by the sun/heat/incline of this first day. I know how to beat it, so we will do what all of my Camino veteran friends have done...start at 5am and take it easy.

Aloha Nui Loa,
My husband and I am starting June 1st in St Jean so we should run into somewhere along the way. Buen Camino Janet and Dale

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm getting to St. Jean on the evening of June 6, so I am starting early on June 7! I have to go pretty fast to finish by July 4, but you may still be quicker. Maybe I'll see you somewhere!
Sarah

I'm getting to St. Jean on the evening of June 6, so I am starting early on June 7! I have to go pretty fast to finish by July 4, but you may still be quicker. Maybe I'll see you somewhere!
Sarah
Sarah,
You are on a fast pace. I start on June 5 and finish July 7th (rest days in Burgos and Leon). Send me an email at bob@placementdirectory.com and I will send you my full schedule and we hopefully we can meet somewhere on the Camino!

Bob
bob@placementdirectory.com

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back