• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

7 days from La Coruna- options?

AnimoPeregrino

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2010
Hola Peregrinos!

I've got one week landing in/flying from La Coruna. Could I make it to Finesterre first then to Santiago? Or better to play it safe- straight to Santiago then amble back via Finisterre. I've already got certificate (only 75k from La Coruna) from previous, so that's not a big concern. Any guidance appreciated.

All the Best,

Animo

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Are you asking if you could walk from A Coruna to Fisterra or if there is viable public transport?

The walk is very doable but would soak up your seven days.

There is a regular bus service from Coruna to Muxia. The walk from Muxia via Fisterra to Santiago is doable in seven days with time to claim a Compostela, eat an empanada and make the bus back to Coruna.

What, exactly, are you trying to achieve?

Hello Tincatinker,

Many thanks for your reply.

I've been given a rare window to return to the Camino- only seven days in this case, which for me is huge, given family obligations. I'm trying to find a good balance of covering good walking distance, making it to Santiago, and getting back to La Coruna in time for my flight. Thing is, my previous walk was Norte-Antiguo-Frances, so am not familiar with La Coruna and West/North of Santiago.

Your suggestion of bus to Muxia is sound. Perhaps I get to Muxia on the day I land, then walk from there and get back to La Coruna.

My original thought was to leg it from La Coruna to Santiago, then leisurely explore the coast from Finiesterre to La Coruna and take a bus once I get close to departure date, but I am now looking for feedback to improve the structural logistics of this short walk.

Do you know the average time from La Coruna-Santiago?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The classic “Camino Ingles” from Coruna to Santiago is 3 days for the fleet of foot- 4 for the rest of us. No Compostela, for that you need to walk from Ferrol.
Muxia, Lires, Fisterra, Santiago is a 5 day walk, qualifies a Compostela if that’s your bag, and bus or train will get you to the airport in time.

Gronze, a map of Galicia, or any reasonable effort of research, will lead you to your options…

Thank you Tincatinker!

I appreciate your quick and very knowedgable responses. That gives me enough information to go on for now. Am a bit torn on the Compostela- don't really need it but then again it gives a formal recognition to the occasion, which is at least good to show the children!

One final query- do you know of a good resource for albergues in the region? Last time I picked up en route a single A4 that stats on all towns from Bilbao-Santiago.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Awesome- Gronze it is. I know Spanish, so no problem there. Just need those first leads! I remember on my first walk, I showed up in Irun with nothing but an address for the albergue. It's a testament to the Camino's incredible infrastructure of kindness, you can trustfall into it. I'm off on Friday, thanks again and I'll see you next time on this Forum or on the trails.

Animo!

Hello again, apologies for another question.

Am I right in thinking both Ferrol-Santiago and Muxia-Santiago are 5 days?

Could anyone comment on the aesthetic differences betwen these two paths?

Trying to determine a solid course given my timeframe.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Them bones just wait for the pilgrim. Your angle of approach is fairly irrelevant.
That said, if you start from Muxia you can start from our broken boat. The boat that will never sail those sundering seas again under living feet.
You’ll also get to Dumbria and one of the most extraordinary Albergues on any of the 1000 roads

Trying to determine a solid course given my timeframe.
Hi there AnimoPeregrino
Both really lovely routes - I’m sure you’ll be back again sometime in the future — so just toss a coin for which one first.
I’ve walked both but I went in the opposite direction to Múxia ( starting at Sdc not ending there ).
As Tinca says above.
if you start from Muxia you can start from our broken boat. The boat that will never sail those sundering seas again under living feet

It would be a great starting point and there is a bus from A Coruña .

Buen camino.

Can be funny though. Google Chrome used to translate 'Carcaboso' on the Via de la Plata to 'ghoulish'... :)
I recently finished the Le Puy camino, and one of the villages you go by is Condom, translated by Google into French and Spanish as "Preservatif/preservativo"!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you everyone for your insightful input. Have decided to go from Muxia. Arr June 30th. Solid short walk with enough time to get back to La Coruna. OzAnnie-you are right- I will certainly be back again!

The Camino Dos Faros.

And skip SDC entirely in favor of the ocean views?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The Camino Dos Faros.

And skip SDC entirely in favor of the ocean views?
Whoa, now that throws a spanner in the works. Have extended trip two days so will re-consider. The ramble on coast looks amazing, though a part of me feels I should do my duty and go to Santiago- the religious aspect requires some bonum ardum.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
No worries! Found one- Thank you Carl your your input. On reflection, I am going for the Camino Dos Faros. Avoiding big cities, queues etc. Sticking with rugged coast and more time solo. I've already got a Compostela, and I can always return. Thanks again everyone for your valuable insights.

Hola Peregrinos,

Just a quick follow-up for anyone interested. In the end I went for the Camino to Santiago- them bones just kept calling. Muxia-Finisterre-Oliveroa-Negreira-SDC. Great walk, some longish days at 33k. Extended trip to 9 days- 2 in Santiago to soak in the cathedral, old town, museums. Got the compostela in the end. 2nd time back and the sense of returning was profound. Also, walking in from Negreira meant solo approach to the city- quite powerful! Then couple days back in Finisterre to unwind, reflect, integrate. All in all an amazing short walk. Thank you again everyone for your input. Now working on a staged Via de la Plata starting in January. Hasta la proxima and Buen Camino!

Animo

Last edited:
Sounds like it was a pretty much perfect and trouble free camino . !!!

Vdlp plans won’t disappoint either. Go well. ❤️

Buen camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back