• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

9 Days To Santiago?

TracyW

Time of past OR future Camino
Finisterre 2015
Via de la Plata 2016 (last part)
I am an Australian hoping to walk the Camino route to Santiago in the second half of May this year. My first time. I will be flying into Madrid from London so need to factor travel to the North from Madrid into my 9 day trip.
Any advice on possible routes would be much appreciated!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
If you want to reach Santiago and have only a week of walking (leaving 2 days for travelling to and from Madrid) Sarria might be the best starting point (if you are not so fit or want to spend a couple of days in Santiago also) or O Cebreiro if you are fittish and don't want to spend much time in Santiago. Buen Camino, SY

you'll lose a day getting to your departure point and perhaps another day after reaching Santiago (you should, teh city is AWESOME); leaving you 7 walking days; or somewhere between 100 and 200 km to walk.
so here are some options:
Sarria at 112 km
O Cebreiro at 150 km
Villafranca del bierzo +- 180km
Ponferrada at +- 200km

getting there, check ALSA buses website from Madrid or RENFE (trains) website

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum