• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

a little early I know

JaneB

but I'm planning to celebrate my 50th birthday by starting the Camino in September 2008. Already I get excited, and scared, by reading the posts here. I'll be an unfit, slightly overweight, divorced mother-of-2, walking on my own, I can't wait! Please wave as you overtake me, and the odd word of encouragement won't go amiss :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
JaneB,
Remember it is your Camino. You will be blessed. You will be encouraged. You will get discouraged too. You will make it. Your life will be different.
Ultrea.
Jerry

Hi Jane

Congratulations on celebrating your birthday in such an inspirational way.

Deciding to walk the Camino feels to me a little like stepping on a rollercoaster and thoughts of packing lists, training, and practicalities are never far from my mind. I swear part of me is walking it already!

If you possibly can, I would encourage you to get out and walk between now and then, whether that's round the block or weekend hiking. Enjoy the feeling of your feet on the earth and experiencing the elements.
Buen Camino

Mercury

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
thanks for your kind words and the wonderful welcome that this forum provides. I've downloaded the elevations chart and the packing lists and am off to read, sleep and probably dream the Camino. At this rate I'll have walked it several times in my sleep before I set foot in reality :D

"...I'll be an unfit, slightly overweight...walking on my own..."

Hi JaneB, welcome, pilgrim.

I remember having the jitters prior to my first Camino, if it's happened to you and me then it may be a pre-Camino condition.

Embrace your fears and excitement, it's all part of everyday living. The Camino, after all, may be a metaphor for life.

Walking some 20" a day as frequently as you can will do wonders.

And...dunno why, but I always end up loosing weight at the end of the Roads!

"...the odd word of encouragement won't go amiss..."

Thank-you for that lesson :!:

Buen Camino 8)

xm

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back