• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A newby to this site

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning my first Camino for September 2015
Hi All, I have just discovered this great website. I am planning my first Camino for September 2015. I have been very keen to walk the Camino since I first heard about it. Still deciding where to start, plan to walk for 4 weeks but hard to know how many km I will comfortably do in a day. I have a "significant" birthday in September next year and my dream is to celebrate it with new friends from around the world on the Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Welcome to the forum. At my age, every birthday is significant!

There is a lot of good information available on this forum and using it for research will help the days pass until you finally get to Spain. You might want to pay a lot of attention to the threads referring to foot care, blister prevention, socks and boots.

Buen Camino

Thanks Dennis, shall do. There is a wealth of information to be had and I will thoroughly enjoy sifting through it all!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome. Enjoy your planning, training and everyday anticipation. Be prepared for those around you to think you crazy and to generally not understand, especially after your return! I can recommend Burgos for birthdays having spent my last two taking time out there. Buen Camino

Welcome. Enjoy your planning, training and everyday anticipation. Be prepared for those around you to think you crazy and to generally not understand, especially after your return! I can recommend Burgos for birthdays having spent my last two taking time out there. Buen Camino
Thanks Allan, will definitely check out Burgos. Yes people do tend to think I'm a bit crazy to want to do this, but I don't think they have an understanding of what it's really all about. I'm sure I will find it difficult to settle back into the old routine when I come back, maybe I will have an insight as to how to change "the old routine" after my journey.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Welcome and congratulations. The Camino will be a wonderful place to celebrate your 21st birthday!!!!

Welcome Rose, I'm anxious to follow your plans!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi All, I have just discovered this great website. I am planning my first Camino for September 2015. I have been very keen to walk the Camino since I first heard about it. Still deciding where to start, plan to walk for 4 weeks but hard to know how many km I will comfortably do in a day. I have a "significant" birthday in September next year and my dream is to celebrate it with new friends from around the world on the Camino!

RosefromBrisbane:

The Camino is the perfect place to achieve your stated goals. Four weeks, depending on how strong a walker you are, is enough time to start from Pamplona, Logrono, Santa Domingo de Calzada or if you really want to smell the roses Burgos.

Ultreya,
Joe

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.