• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A nice place to stop for a rest and food in...

Cristie

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk the Camino.
...the little village Villambista.
This new place has opened only a week ago but it's delightful. It's not well advertised and that's why I want to mention it. The place is on the left as soon as you enter the village. The building has a big pilgrim on the wall and has also rooms with private bathroom (the owner gave me a tour and the rooms were wonderful!).
The place is called "Casa de los Deseos" (The Wishes House"?) and is run by a young couple with a 2 months baby, Lucas. The family was very nice and helpful and the place is very clean, warm and welcoming. I had a delicious coffee and an omelette with ham. Also, it was raining outside and finding this warm place was a blessing (like many other things on the Camino).
I thought I should mention the place...

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I can't find that town. Where is it?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I can't find that town. Where is it?
About 7 k past Belorado. (You will pass Tosantos en route.) We walked CF in 2014 and got to Belorado about 1130. Stopped for coffee and map study. It was just too early for us to stop. We walked on to Villambistia, where we stayed at the albergue. The guidebook (don't remember if it was Kelly or Brierly and we had both) said it was a parish-run albergue. Baby Luca was 2 months old in 2014, so that adorable little hunk of cuteness (s0rry ab0ut that!) should be 2 and a half years old by now.
We really enjoyed our night in Villambistia. Highly recommended.

Most read last week in this forum