• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Accommodation prices

• Thread starter Deleted member 85351
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 85351

Hi all,

I was under the impression that I could get accommodation from €5 a night however looking on Gronze.com looks like there are very few at that price. Has there been an increase?

Thanks in advance

Diane

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi all,

I was under the impression that I could get accommodation from €5 a night however looking on Gronze.com looks like there are very few at that price. Has there been an increase?

Thanks in advance

Diane

Hi, Diane. . .

From where did you receive that impression?

Now, average albergue 12 euro.

In 2002 it was around 3-5 euros a night.

In 2001, 3-5 dollars a night.

Donativos give what you can.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Now, average albergue 12 euro.

In 2001, 3-5 pesetas a night.

Donativos give what you can.
Thanks I would adjust my budget accordingly

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
... The primary reason is new albergues. They are built to code, and simply cost more. The places that are older simply increase the price because pilgrims will pay it!

It was 4/2017 on CF, the "new" albergues, I was in, equipped USB adapter for individual bunk-beds, which was quite handy. Some even had individual "neon-light", etc.

In 2001, 3-5 pesetas a night.

I think the switch from the peseta to the euro took place in 2002. At that time the conversion rate was about 166 pesetas = 1 euro. I walked the Frances in 1990 and 2002. Things were certainly cheaper then but I can't recall ever being charged the equivalent of 2 or 3 cents for a bed I think you may have missed a couple of zeros in your post.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

You’re right the beds were about three dollars a night.

Most read last week in this forum