• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

accommodations and biking

Doug Delfeld

Deboy
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2013- 2015-2017
CP 2019
My wife and I are starting our first full Camino from SJPP on Sept. 22 nd I want to book the first 2 stops after SJPP. What does it mean at the Auberge Orrison when they say lodging is 1/2 board only?
We have done the CF twice before from Leon and now want to do it from SJPP.
Also, does anyone have input on biking all or part of the meseta.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Half board is dinner, breakfast and a bunk. It is not possible to just have a bunk.

The meseta is a plateau cut dozens of times by rivers. Go up the hill, flat for awhile, then ride down the hill to the next river. that is repeated dozens of times. It is mostly all trigo (dryland wheat) fields and is quite boring. It looks like eastern washington state. The hospidaleros in the small towns are wonderful and I enjoyed the people. You need to reserve an albergue or pension at the beginning so they can deliver the bikes there and another reservation at somewhere to drop the bikes. Use bicigrinos, they replace their bikes every year. We regretably used bikeiberia and they delivered seven year old bikes which were broken down and we had to pay to have repaired. They refused to reply to our complaints.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum