• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Advice would be appreciated

domandanne

Hi everybody,
My wife and myself are planning to walk part of the Camino Francesin September but only have two weeks. We would like to do the last 100km. However we cannot decide where to walk for the remainder of our time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Dom

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I found the section in Galicia quite beautiful. THe first 15k or so after Ponferrada are not special but after that I found many special and very attractive places.

Regards,

John from Canada

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello

I am intending walking for 2 weeks (12 days with 2 for travelling) from Ponferrada.

This should average about 10 miles a day (16-19 kms) quite easy going (even for a non-walker) and plenty of time to sight see.

From what I have ascertained 2 weeks from Leon is a bit of slog, Astoraga is a better option but still a good walk whereas Ponferrada is easily do-able.

Hope this helps

Arbie

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum