Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues in early June - availability

Time of past OR future Camino
Have completed through Agosta
Would like some comments on the availability of beds in early June on the Primitivo...And, if anyone cares to share any favorites. Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Well, the Camino is getting more and more popular, so in high season are becoming more of an issue, especially for those who like to walk long distances and arrived late afternoon, early evening. Bottleneck and often filling up is Berducedo.

As for favourites, there are also often no options, just the one in the llace where you want to stop. Beggars can't be choosers.

I had read that so e albergues were horrible. While they may not have been carefully decorated they were just fine. Those are Esclampero and Borres in particular. Don't let the reviews deter you from staying there.

Favourites: San Juan de Villapanada I think. Simple chaalet/country house like, with beautiful views. Hospitalero, Domingo, has been doing this for close to twenty years, if not more, if memory serves me right. Buy food in Grado at the well stocked grocery store. I bought a frozen lazagana and some slices of pork and veggies for a fry-up. Perfect to share with 2 others. Lots of athmisphere.

On the posh side is the albergue in the hotel in Tineo: albergue set up in the hotel's basement. But I stayed at the muni, also managed by people who have been walking the Caminos for ever.

I also liked the albergue juvenil is Castro. Beautiful stine house with Natalia the hospy who is a fabulous cook. Large garden to rest in the afternoon.

In Salas, there is a private albergue Il Campar/Casa de Miguel, where the hopsy is also very pleasant. Washing and drying of clothes was super reasonable, kitchen has all you could need for making dinner, but honnestly, if you have the Menu del Dia across the street at Casa Pancho, a 7 course lunch for 10€, dinner will be the last thing on your mind. For breakfast heaad under the arches to the bar on your left, in front of the old palace: free snack to go if you have breakfast there. Lovely owner.

Also enjoyed the private albergue in San Roman de Retorta. You let yourself in, if you want to have a meal at night you order it from the hospy who then licks it up from the family restaurant in another town. He has some munchies and drinks in a refrigerator where youu help yourself and pay "on your honour". I just love that old Camino trust and generosity.

As Seixas for the beauty of the building restoration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info, Anemone, the only thing that I think has changed somewhat is the bottleneck in Berducedo. There is now at least one additional albergue, called Camino Primitivo, I think, and another under construction. And the bar has a bunch of rooms upstairs, too. So I think the crunch is a lot less than it was a few years ago.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Castro is lovely, but it is a 'juvenil' so checking availability is advisable as they might have a youth group booked in. A great place to stay for a short day from Grandas if you want to see the museum and castro.
Edit:- Like Grado (see below) this is a 16 bed albergue.

Last edited:
And don't forget the fine new albergue in downtown Grado! Availability is limited in June, there are only 16 beds and in 2016, the first year of its existence, the place was packed out almost every day within a couple of hours of opening.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back