• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

All the Way from Trier

Jim Lorenz

Hi Pilgrims,

I just happened to stumble across this site while looking for an explanation of how to pronounce „Ultreija“. It looked promising, so I decided to join the ranks.

There's really not much to tell yet. My wife and I live out in the boonies about 15 miles from Trier, Germany.
We started off a couple of months ago but haven't had much opportunity to get very far (=overworked). We hope to be at least crossing the border to France sometime soon. I figure 5 to 10 years should suffice for the entire route. Mainly, I hope to find time fairly soon to read your reports and such in order to develop a "feel" for the camino and learn how to pilgrimize.

One thing I've learned already is to wish you all "buen camino" and "e ultreija"

Jim

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Jim,
Welcome to the Forum. I hope you find plenty here to assist you. Your pilgrimage will be long in time but that gives you lots of time for relection; there will be lots of memories and lots of opportunity to anticipate each stage.
Buen Camino,
Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for your words of welcome. Please excuse me for taking a while to reply; I was still getting oriented. For example, I started this note once before a few minutes ago, and it suddenly just disappeared.

We're heading off on another leg this morning (Konz, Germany, to ... we'll see), i.e., we're still sort of practicing. Luckily, we live right on a German "Jakobusweg", so there are no wasted kilometers.

Happy trails and buen camino,

Jim

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Jim,

Do you already know where you will cross the border with France?
Are you walking to Vezelay first or choosing for the route to Le Puy?

Greetings from Holland,

Paul (who almost has bought a "fermette" in France along the GR13)

Hi Paul,

Well, the answer to your first question is easy:
Schengen (Lux.) / Perl (Germany) / Apach (France) is where we'll be crossing.

But your second querie is a LOT more difficult:
We can't make up our minds !

We've heard so much about both routes that we wouldn't want to miss, but you can't have it all, I guess. Have you walked either route?

That "fermette" brings up another topic: We'd also just love to, but – again – can't decide where or when. fermette? finca? something else?

What made you decide against buying it?

That's all for now. I've got to get to work. We did another étape yesterday instead of getting our work done. Now there's the devil to pay.

Have a nice Sunday,

Jim

Hi Jim,
The route from Vezelay has been completely waymarked since 2005. One disadvantage is that it doesn't have the number and frequency of gites d'etapes as the Le Puy route.
Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.