• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Almería to?

Sue127

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Mozarabe Feb 24
Having followed several live threads with mounting excitement, I have just completed my first day on the Mozarabe from Almería.
I have set up a Find Penguin but will try and copy here too.
After deciding that my pack was heavy and thinking about sending a jacket home, a local pilgrim told me that it could snow in the mountains at the weekend. Think I'll just cope with the weight  https://findpenguins.com/7eg3seatwh...99?s=9c8054b9776c407d1b00a382b67190fa95aa4641

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Having followed several live threads with mounting excitement, I have just completed my first day on the Mozarabe from Almería.
After deciding that my pack was heavy and thinking about sending a jacket home, a local pilgrim told me that it could snow in the mountains at the weekend. Think I'll just cope with the weight  https://findpenguins.com/7eg3seatwh...99?s=9c8054b9776c407d1b00a382b67190fa95aa4641
So glad to see you are on your way. The Mozárabe Mob will follow with great interest. Buen camino, Sue!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I didn’t bring my down jacket and ended up buying one in Granada a few days ago. Good call.

Which mountains? By the time you get to the Sanabres the temperatures will be very manageable: around freezing some mornings but mild most of the time. I was on the Sanabres in early to mid April in 2022 and did it comfortably with a rain jacket, a fleece layer and a light long sleeve shirt.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Which mountains? By the time you get to the Sanabres the temperatures will be very manageable: around freezing some mornings but mild most of the time. I was on the Sanabres in early to mid April in 2022 and did it comfortably with a rain jacket, a fleece layer and a light long sleeve shirt.
Hi Tom, will be in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. There is snow on the top but may be more on Friday. Apparently temperature is going to drop dramatically tomorrow, so I'm glad a hung on to everything.

Gone 6pm before I arrived at Alboloduy. Some steep climbs and descents today but very pleased to come across a brand new shelter for picnicking after a long slog down and up pebbly paths. Really was on top of the world. :)
Wow Sue - a long day of walking for you. What time did you set out ?
Some of those trails (up/down) (although lovingly prepared for us ; with helpful switchbacks ) are quite daunting - they were for me on my own anyway. I will be interested to hear how your daytime temps are from here on.

Enjoy this really special route —- 🙏🙏 hope you meet up with other peregrinos
Buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Some of those trails (up/down) (although lovingly prepared for us ; with helpful switchbacks ) are quite daunting - they were for me on my own anyway. I will be interested to hear how your daytime temps are from here on.

Buen camino
We were five last night but I appear to be on my own tonight.

I'm now in the albergue at Alba. The four walkers from last night at Abloloduy stopped one hostel earlier. I thought at least one was going on so plodded on; it was a very long and tiring day with constant wind blowing at me. Leaving Abloloduy was soon following a riverbed again. This was followed by a versteep climb, involving many switchbacks on narrow pebbly tracks to be followed by steep down slope, but less pebbly. Another long riverbed/track. Mainly track and road until finally at the albergue at Alba, 33km later and pretty tired.

€149,-

Hello Sue.
I starting in Almeria on Sunday 25th. I know your a week ahead but good luck. Never know we might meet up.
Troy

Hello Sue.
I starting in Almeria on Sunday 25th. I know your a week ahead but good luck. Never know we might meet up.
Troy
I'm not super fast so possibly. I'll be walking until the 13/14 March. Weather may change but the stage from Hueneja to Aquife was bitterly cold, even had some hail. Glad I didn't send stuff home although me bag is heavy. Enjoy and Buen camino, the landscape is stunning!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Buen camino
Hi, yes agree with some of those switchbacks, some were quite steep and rested my vertigo, but was stunning. Last two days, so from Alboloduy, have been cold and with strong headwind. Today was 3° when I left, supposedly reaching 7 at Aquila, but the contant wind certainly added a chill factor, us two short hail falls. First couple of days, I was hot in one layer, today I had two base layers a rain breaker and a puffer gilet, woolly hat and clothes and was just about warm enough.

Sue I've enjoyed following you on your journey also the terrific photos
Many thanks

I'm on the bus, on my way to Madrid and then Normandy. I've kept up to date with my walk on Find Penguins (link below) , but keep forgetting to repost here. If walked as far as Castro del Río and after being wet and very cold ( 90 minutes with rain, hail and wind) reluctantly decided to end there and bus to Cordoba. After a wet, but very interesting, weekend in Córdoba I'm heading,. At some stage I plan to be back in Castro del Río to continuo my Camino. Thanks for all the supportive comments.
Camino Mozarabe

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back