• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Almeria to Cordoba in November

benm

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues
Hi ya all!

Planning to hike from Almeira to Cordoba between 1 -25 November. Is that doable weatherwise and accomodation wise? Thanks in advance for thinking along!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Contact Nely in Almeria. She does an excellent support up to Granada and will know how that section is likely to determine the outcome of the walk. I know how it was in the spring beyond Granada, but don't know about November.

I walked this spring and was able to stay pretty much wherever I had set my sights on for that day, although occasionally only hotels were available. From Almeria to Granada the Amigos administer nine or ten albergues, codes for which are supplied from Nely each day. Generally excellent facilities at each. Contact her, she's the best. The guide is excellent and updated regularly and the amigos on other parts of the route really helpful, too.

From Cordoba there are a couple of long stretches, 32-35km without facilities, which for me, being more of a 20km/day kind of girl, necessitated a taxi for part of the route. Not something you'd do often, as they're expensive. Generally you'll need to carry water for the day, as most fuentes were dried up or non-potable, if available at all. I managed on 2L/day, except if the route was longer that day.

A highly recommended route, if solitary. PM me if you want a breakdown of recommended albergues/places to eat.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi ya all!

Planning to hike from Almeira to Cordoba between 1 -25 November. Is that doable weatherwise and accomodation wise? Thanks in advance for thinking along!
After a few days you will be in the Sierra Nevadas: some 3.5000 m. up. It will be cold, sindy and most likely snow. I got pneumonia there and had to abort in May (2016, I think)

Buen Camino!

I'm adding that my guidebook was the co fraternity of St James publication. The listed albergues were not up to date. Some have closed or bookable for a group for a few days at a time. So I bivvy camped a few nights.

Also in a reasonably large town there should be a police station and they can find you a refugio hostel. That I used 4 times and with great results.

Hi ya all!

Hi! I can’t answer your questions about weather but did this Camino last year in April and loved it. The others that answered said to contact Nely and of course you must. The association she belongs to referred to as “the Amigos” is: Asociación Jacobea de Almería Granada Camino Mozárabe. The one you can contact to get answers. And it’s close to/in the Sierra Nevada but you won’t walk higher up than aprox 1400 meters.
Hope you’ll enjoy this Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi ya all!

Hi Benny
Weather is a lottery (it’s nature / it can change ) - but oct 27 to 20 November last year 2022 was beautiful weather there .. temps throughout were warm/mild. I don’t recall needing rain gear. Last year though, that region was suffering from a terrible drought and many olive trees and plants along the way were dead and a there was a lot of parched land. It didn’t detract from the beauty of walking through those hills (mountains ? ) and passing through so many cave areas.
Go for it Benny. You will be looked after if you contact Nely in Almeria as mentioned by most who have walked this route.
Buen camino.

I'm planning to start from Almeria on October 27 and have recently been in touch with Mercedes, who is now president of the Amigos of the Mozarabe de Santiago Almeria, after sending an e-mail to caminomozarabedealmeria@gmail.com. She sent a warm welcome, info about short stages and said a new guide is being prepared and will be available on their facebook page soon.
I'll meet with Nely when I arrive Almeria. Buen camino!! 👣 👣 👣

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back