• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

ALSA Ticket from abroad

alesgaba

Dear Pilgrims,

how can I buy a ALSA ticket from abroad? I would like to go from Santiago to Oporto by bus in July. I tried to buy ticket (http://www.alsa.es), but i could not finish the payment. There is any possibility how to buy it from abroad?

Thanks.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Thanks for answer. How can Frank or Viktoria can help me? Is there another way how to buy the ticket or how to go from Santiago to Porto?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi there,

My advice is to just sort out a bus or train ticket when you arrive in Santiago. That gives you more flexibility when you leave and not a deadline for arriving. Two of my travelling companions sorted out a bus ticket to Lisbon without too much trouble. June/July will of course be busier but I would have thought that the public transport should be functioning ok even then.... but I might be wrong. Good luck!

Additionally, I would like to say thanks to Ivar for a help. Finally, I bought ALSA ticket from abroad. The problem with buying tickets was easily resolved. Generaly, you can not buy ticket month or earlier before!!

I've botgh recently from Alsa site older version. I got error in new version.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have found Paypal the easiest way to purchase ALSA tickets from home.
For some reason, they don't want my USA credit card.

I was just going to comment on ALSA when I saw this. I am a VERY frequent traveller with ALSA. I live in Spain, do not drive and there is no sensible RENFE route. Their services are usually excellent. Their old website is a nightmare.

BUT today they launched an updated site and SO FAR it does look a big improvement with international routes (seemingly!) fully integrated.

https://www.alsa.es ...... my jury is out but it's innocent so far!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum