• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Álvaro Lazaga and @alansykes?

peregrina2000

Staff member
In Álvaro’s most recent youtube (currently walking the Ebro), he says that he is going to walk the Castellano-Aragonés and that he has received a lot of helpful information from “Alan”, who is about to start in Sagunto. My bet is that this was @alansykes — not only because I know he loved the Castellano-Aragonés, but also because I know he typically starts in fall. SO..

Anyone who wants to see what the Castellano-Aragonés looks like should watch Álvaro’s videos. Alan doesn’t do youtube videos, but maybe if we’re lucky, we’ll get some live reports!

Buen camino, Alan!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In Álvaro’s most recent youtube (currently walking the Ebro), he says that he is going to walk the Castellano-Aragonés and that he has received a lot of helpful information from “Alan”, who is about to start in Sagunto. My bet is that this was @alansykes — not only because I know he loved the Castellano-Aragonés, but also because I know he typically starts in fall. SO..

Anyone who wants to see what the Castellano-Aragonés looks like should watch Álvaro’s videos. Alan doesn’t do youtube videos, but maybe if we’re lucky, we’ll get some live reports!

Buen camino, Alan!

I found him by accident on YT when he was walking camino 51.

Enjoying his present camino vlogs.

Buen camino to we all.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have seen a few of his most recent Ebro videos but have watched a fair number of his others- he is prolific in his YouTube videos! I first came across Vasco ones when I was trying to decide on a route from home in Ireland I think that was #27 back in 2017. I will watch on as I am currently thinking of my next crazy pilgrim adventure once I finish my camino from home, which I then heading onto Rome.

Looking forward to seeing my favourite camino through his lens. I suggested he take the GR and the Roman road up past Vozmediano to Ágreda tomorrow, rather than following the reservoir and the tarmac (and the arrows). But it's the glorious deserted étapa reina from Pozalmuro on Monday that I really want to see.

IMG_20211019_103608-1.jpg

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back