• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another Camino to walk!

peregrina2000

Staff member
A Spanish friend is starting out tomorrow from Salamanca on a Camino I had never heard of, the Camino de Torres. Lots of information here: http://caminosantiago.usal.es/torres/

The route goes from Salamanca to Ciudad Rodrigo, then into Portugal and through Almeida, Pinhel, Trancoso, Sernacelhe, Lamego, Mesao Frio, Amarante, Guiaraes, Braga, Viana do Castelo, Caminha and finally over the Minho and back into Spain and onto the Camino Portugues in Redondela.

I have been to all of these Portuguese towns and they are all very nice places.

I think it's about three weeks to Santiago.

Not sure it will go to the top of my Camino wish list but it is amazing that the options are limitless! Buen camino, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Laurie
So interesting, not sure if you have shared your Camino wish list on this forum, you have already walked so many. Love to see it!
For me, Portugues and VdeLP are immediate wishes. Then on to the french starts... :lol:

Hi, Una,
Well, I just heard from my Spanish friend that this Camino is not marked, and a GPS is needed. That's a deal-breaker, so I can subtract one camino from my list!

I haven't really put together a list, but I suppose that high on the list would be the Aragones, starting somewhere back in France, the Vasco Interior, Caminka's Viejo Camino, that Covaonga-Cangas variant I saw something about this weekend, the Vdlp with an add-on from Granada to Cordoba to Merida, and I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking about right now!

Buen camino, are you walking this year? Didn't you walk three times last year?! Laurie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back