• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Another forest fire summer?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
On my way back home from santiago just now I saw a few helicopter with the water "bag" under it, probably working on putting out a forest fire nearby.

I have a gut feeling that this summer will be a hot one. And with all the rain we got this winter, and then this sun, we will have plenty of dry plants that will burn once July and August comes along. :|

Then I saw this study saying that Galicia is at "High Risk" for "forest fires due to human factors" this summer:

Black means high risk. Have a look at the whole study here.

I hope I am wrong... and by the way, I am not complaining... 25c in March is nice! 8)

Saludos,
Ivar

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
ivar said:
I have a gut feeling that this summer will be a hot one. And with all the rain we got this winter, and then this sun, we will have plenty of dry plants that will burn once July and August comes along.
Your predictions seem to be coming true Ivar. I saw this morning that there was/is a big fire at Negreira today. There have been loads recently, 2 or 3 around here every single day. It seems that some people start them for fun!
Sue

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum