• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Any recommendation on transportation and site-seeing 1 day from Leon to Sarria?

spwilliam

Time of past OR future Camino
Looking at starting our Camino in Madrid, to Leon to Sarria to Santiago next June 2021
I am only looking for a 1 day tour for my son and me from Leon, Spain to Sarria. Instead of breaking up the trip and walking that part, we were interested in transportation and touring the following places from Leon to Foncebadon to Cruz de Fierro to O Cebreiro then to Sarria. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. This would be for June 11th, 2021. Thanks so much

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome to the Forum @spwilliam!

I haven't heard of any tour companies that do one-day tours of the Camino, but they may exist and hopefully others can share information about them if they have experience.

How comfortable would you be with renting a car? It seems you have a good vision of the places you'd like to see that day, so if you were comfortable renting a car from León and dropping it off in Sarria, you could make a plan for yourselves. It's usually more expensive to rent a car and drop it off somewhere different from its starting point, but between paying a tour company and paying for a one-way rental, the price difference might not be that much.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I would suggest contacting this company and see if they will create a private tour for you...

https://www.leonesatours.com/es/

I'll be providing that service eventually but that is still a couple of years out- doing renovations now in Santa Catalina de Somoza... stay tuned.

Buen Camino

Chase

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum