• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone from Christchurch???

Trish MacGregor

Time of past OR future Camino
First timer
Hi all .... I've spoken many times to lots of Kiwis on this forum. All without exception have given, and continue to give me excellent advice and help. Was just wondering however if anyone is from Christchurch? I see the meetings and group catch ups arranged and it makes me quite envious as they all appear to be either in Auckland or Wellington! Would love to know if anything like this exists down here? Cheers, Trish.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I believe Joe Chan in this forum is from ChristChurch and has done 2 Caminos.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Trish, I am originally from Christchurch, now live in Melbourne. I am going to be visiting Christchurch Jan 24th to 29th. Let me know if you want to meet up. I have walked half the Via de la Plata and the Camino Madrid, and have more plans. Marianne

Hi all .... I've spoken many times to lots of Kiwis on this forum. All without exception have given, and continue to give me excellent advice and help. Was just wondering however if anyone is from Christchurch? I see the meetings and group catch ups arranged and it makes me quite envious as they all appear to be either in Auckland or Wellington! Would love to know if anything like this exists down here? Cheers, Trish.

Hi Trish,

We are from Christchurch and are planning on walking the Camino Frances starting on Sept 1 this year.
Peter

Hi Trish,

We are from Christchurch and are planning on walking the Camino Frances starting on Sept 1 this year.
Peter
Oh that's good news .... fellow Cantabs! I'm also walking in September. Arriving in London 4th September and probably starting walking from Roncesvalles about the 6th. Would love to catch up with you two and compare notes .... is this your first Camino?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I believe Joe Chan in this forum is from ChristChurch and has done 2 Caminos.
Hi Evan,
Will be flying to London from Christchurch stopping in Singapore on September 24, hope to meet with you. I did the Camino Ingles two years ago which is quite different from the parts of the CF I did with my wife. When Trish comes back will try to meet her, as Rebecca and others says let the Camino provide, so do not really want to give her an information overload, let her experience the surprises on the Camino. As other says keep an open mind.

Christchurch Joe

:)
Hi all .... I've spoken many times to lots of Kiwis on this forum. All without exception have given, and continue to give me excellent advice and help. Was just wondering however if anyone is from Christchurch? I see the meetings and group catch ups arranged and it makes me quite envious as they all appear to be either in Auckland or Wellington! Would love to know if anything like this exists down here? Cheers, Trish.[/QU
Kia Ora Trish, I am born & bred in Christchurch. I haven't been back since the Earthquake. Now i reside in Melbourne. I am planning to walk the Camino in late 2017, I need to save!!! Nice to meet you:)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Kia Ora Trish, Sorry about the error on you blog i did. I am born & bred in Christchurch. I haven't been back since the Earthquake. Now i reside in Melbourne. I plan to walk the camino in late 2017. Nice to meet you :)

Hi Trish, Yes, my hubby - Derek - and I live in Parklands, and are heading off to do our first Camino on 3 April. You may see us plodding around the area with our backpacks on (start that part of the training this weekend - Kaipoi, Bottle Lake Forest, then home)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back