• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

April 2023--upcoming rail strike in Portugal

Friend from Barquinha

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
None yet; perhaps the Portugese (2021?)
Just an alert that early April seems to be seeing strike action on the railway in Portugal for the next while...this may affect peregrinos!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I booked a bus ticket in early June on ALSA from Santiago to Porto to fly home. Hope that runs

Hi, I had planned on booking train from Lisbon to Porto for travel on April 18. If anyone hears updated info on train strike, would really appreciate hearing it.
Have been told that train trip between Lisbon and Porto is very scenic. Has anyone done that trip by bus? Thinking bus route may not be as scenic?
Will wait a few days to see if any more news on rail strike, as we would like to go by train. Thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
very true, I got very lucky yesterday going to Porto. Some trains to Lisbon were suppressed. Always a good idea to see how’s the status of the strikes and have a plan b.
Thanks for letting people know!
I am leaving to Porto Sunday. Hope all is ok. Have not read the news. BTW. How is the weather in Porto? Thanks

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well, it seems there is another one-day strike coming on Wednesday, 31st with a bit of spill-over on the 30th May and June 1 (just when we are arriving, lucky us.)

This time, they seem not to have put the notices on the English-language part of the website, so here it is, with the Portuguese links.

If you're using the services, check out the first two listings:

Alfa Pendular e Intercidades

Regional e InterRegional e Internacional

The link is here:

Most read last week in this forum