• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

april 24th 2019 start from sjpp

rorygilmore

Time of past OR future Camino
April May 2019 (hopefully! still on the fence!
hi everyone,

i'm rory, an australian girl who lives in berlin who will be setting out from SJPP on the 24th of april, a few days after my 27th birthday

first camino, doing the frances, i only found out about the camino a week ago but it feels like weirdly fateful timing or something, i dunno. can't stop staying up til 4am every night researching the trail. feeling very lucky and grateful that i've heard about this walk in a time and place in my life where it is currently a feasible/affordable/possible thing to me to do.

definitely a little bit terrified! but also very excited!

looking forward to bumping into some of you on the trail! 👣🌱

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Keep up that enthusiasm! I felt the same way once I decided I was going to go, but that was over two years ago. I'll be starting a week after you, and the excitement and anticipation grows as the date gets closer each day. Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
hi everyone,

i'm rory, an australian girl who lives in berlin who will be setting out from SJPP on the 24th of april, a few days after my 27th birthday

first camino, doing the frances, i only found out about the camino a week ago but it feels like weirdly fateful timing or something, i dunno. can't stop staying up til 4am every night researching the trail. feeling very lucky and grateful that i've heard about this walk in a time and place in my life where it is currently a feasible/affordable/possible thing to me to do.

Hey
hi everyone,

hi everyone,

Good Day Rory!

I envy your spontaneity, I Ieave SJPDP a day after you and I have been planning for over a year. I hope to see you somewhere along the way.

Larry from Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA

Hello Rory! I am leaving from SJPP on April 22. I expect I will see you somewhere along the Frances. Staying in Orisson the first night. I, like you, am super excited!!! Cheers, Lori

hi everyone,

Hi Rory,
I and and volunteers we are waiting for you on the pilgrims office 39 rue de la Citadelle at SJPP for all you need to start your Camino. Buen Camino !

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
the spontaneity is pretty nervewracking to be fair, but i dont have permanent accomodation in berlin (so no rent to cover while i'm gone) and i dont know how long i'll stay living in europe for, so i figure the travel expenses to get to sjpp are probably never gonna get any cheaper for me than they are at this point in life right now, certainly not if i go back to australia at some point, haha

managed to already stuff up timetabling so looks like it'll be the 25th when i head out from after staying the night in bayonne, have emailed orisson for that evening and am hoping it is not too late, otherwise maybe i'll do valcarlos instead

hi everyone,

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
hi everyone,

Hallo ..Ik start op 13 april vanuit Saint Jean. Ik vind het ook erg spannend. Maar heb er ook zo n zin In!!..voor mij de 2e keer, maar toch...voor iedereen een buen camino.

hi everyone,

Michael and Lynne from NSW. We’re leaving a few days after you on the 27th. Have a great time.

hi everyone,

Planning is all part of the fun ... but remember to allow yourself some 'freedom'

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Rory, I’m leaving the next day for my 3rd Camino ... it’s infectious. Say hello, sure we’ll cross paths somewhere along the Way! Buen Camino!

Hi Rory, I’m leaving the next day for my 3rd Camino ... it’s infectious. Say hello, sure we’ll cross paths somewhere along the Way! Buen Camino!
it'll be the 25th for me now too as i didn't quite realise how long its gonna take me to get to SJPDP. catch ya on the trail!

Hi Rory, September last year I decided to walk the Camino solo and within 3 weeks was walking. I loved getting my gear, researching and preparing well but not planning much. I didn’t have the courage to start in sjpdp so started in Leon and had a wonderful experience. Couldn’t wait to get back this year so starting with hubby this time and leaving St Jean Sunday 21st April. We’re from Perth and will be taking It easy the first week. May see you. Love being spontaneous. Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Rory, September last year I decided to walk the Camino solo and within 3 weeks was walking. I loved getting my gear, researching and preparing well but not planning much. I didn’t have the courage to start in sjpdp so started in Leon and had a wonderful experience. Couldn’t wait to get back this year so starting with hubby this time and leaving St Jean Sunday 21st April. We’re from Perth and will be taking It easy the first week. May see you. Love being spontaneous. Buen Camino

hope to see you- i'm a perth gal too!

Hi Rory!! I’ll be off on the 26th so I hope our paths cross somewhere down the line!!!

Tom

hi everyone,

[/QUOTE]

Hey

Good Day Rory!

I envy your spontaneity, I Ieave SJPDP a day after you and I have been planning for over a year. I hope to see you somewhere along the way.

Larry from Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Hi Larry! I'm also starting the same day as you from SJPDP! I look forward to meeting you on the trail.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
it'll be the 25th for me now too as i didn't quite realise how long its gonna take me to get to SJPDP. catch ya on the trail!
Hi Rory! I'm leaving from SJPDP the 25th as well! It's also my first Camino. I look forward to meeting you!

Hi Rory! I'm leaving from SJPDP the 25th as well! It's also my first Camino. I look forward to meeting you!
see you there! are you doing the full route to roncevalles or stoppign at orisson/kayola/huntto? i'm gonna stop at kayola cos i will train in from bayonne that same day.

see you there! are you doing the full route to roncevalles or stoppign at orisson/kayola/huntto? i'm gonna stop at kayola cos i will train in from bayonne that same day.
I'm training in from Paris the 24, so I'll be starting fresh the morning of the 25. I'm planning on doing the full route to Roncevalles as of now, but it is going to depend on how the weather is. I've planned for a few extra days here and there so my route is pretty flexible.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
the spontaneity is pretty nervewracking to be fair, but i dont have permanent accomodation in berlin (so no rent to cover while i'm gone) and i dont know how long i'll stay living in europe for, so i figure the travel expenses to get to sjpp are probably never gonna get any cheaper for me than they are at this point in life right now, certainly not if i go back to australia at some point, haha

managed to already stuff up timetabling so looks like it'll be the 25th when i head out from after staying the night in bayonne, have emailed orisson for that evening and am hoping it is not too late, otherwise maybe i'll do valcarlos instead
Awesome....just take it one day at a time and it will all be good.....it’s a great journey. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.