• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April/may 2014

Thanks for all the comments. I did not book the ryanair flight yet. Will check into Aer Lingus. That is who I am taking from the states. I am starting from SJPP. So any additional info would be great. I agree I don't mind paying more for something if I don't have to deal with hassle. I would probably do something wrong and it would cost me much more.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you're taking Aer Lingus from the states then that is by far the best airline to travel with. Because if your first flight is delayed its their responsibility to get you on the next available onward flight

I plan on starting the VDLP around that time, although I might leave earlier because of the Easter crowd. The last time I talked with Hieudovan he was going to try and leave around that time also. My departure time is not too predictable because I will be flying military space A out of Travis AFB. I'll have a forum patch on my backpack, so if you see a patch say "hello", it might be me. Buen Camino
I will be at Triana Backpackers in Sevilla Saturday May 3. I will start walking Sunday May 4. Hope to meet some of you in Sevilla or on the path. Buen camino. -Hieu

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you're taking Aer Lingus from the states then that is by far the best airline to travel with. Because if your first flight is delayed its their responsibility to get you on the next available onward flight

Thank you. Yes I am going with Aer Lingus to France.

Sadly I've decided to abandon this year's walk.
Although she held up well to her first short outing in March, Jamilla stumbled towards the end of the first day of our walk to St Albans this week.
A fix proved not to be so, and she lurched along like a drunkard the next day. We abandoned our walk after less than a mile.
She needs a better wheel base, I've realised, and will not be able to make the journey this year. We're in urgent need of new prosthetic legs(wheels) and the nine days we have left before setting out just isn't long enough to test and be sure she can make the whole journey.

Ah well, next year it is.... In the meantime, Canterbury beckons, and maybe Walsingham as well? Never say die!
And you can read up about us on jamilla-walking.tumblr.com
But I shall miss seeing the friends I've made on here in the past month. Buen Camino everyone.

Last edited:
Ryan Dare have a checked baggage weight of 10K. Do you really want to carry that much?
In case you are not aware I quote from their current web site concerning cabin baggage -
"One cabin bag per passenger* weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus 1 small bag up to 35 x 20 x 20 cms.

Due to cabin space limitations only 90 cabin bags (55 x 40 x 20 cms) can be carried in the cabin, any remainder will be carried free of charge in the aircraft hold.

Oversized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate, or where available, placed in the hold of the aircraft for a fee of £50/€50 (fee subject to VAT on domestic flights at applicable government rates). If you are unsure, check at the Bag Drop desk before going through security."

I have used them many times over the years and personally have never had a problem - other than that horrible and annoying fanfare announcement when they lad ahead of schedule! I am sure that they deliberately give travel times that are longer than they expect to be able to do this.

Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I agree on the comments about Ryanair. Luckily I booked Norwegian to Málaga, and Ryanair from Santiago to Barcelona. Right now it feels more important to get to Spain and start the camino. Coming home, well, hakuna matata.

Hi guy what ever you intend to do, if you want to sleep at night, it is Imperative to take with you a good pair of ear plug, there is always a good strong snorer around the corner and it's not their fault. I am only advising out of past experiences and after all is a Pilgrimage and we should take what ever St. James the Apostle prepare for our journey. Buen Camino to everyone

It's a year later then I hoped but I just bought my tickets to Spain! I found a good deal and decided to commit to it now. I will be leaving sevilla the weekend of April 25-26 or so. Would love to hear from anyone who else may be around at that time.(I checked the calendar but didn't see any yet) I'm planning on making to Santiago and maybe muxia if time and body permits. So excited and for this camino I'm making sure I train properly not just a hike or two the week before.

Buen Camino!
Ash
hope to see you somewhere on the way - Santiago, Finisterre , Muxia is waiting for us all, Buen Camino Ash.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back