• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Arrive late in Biarritz and need a place to stay in Bayonne?

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk Camino de Santiago April/May/June 2016.
Anyone with information about a place to stay in Bayonne would be deeply appreciated.

Sincerely
NorwegianWalker

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Staying at the Ibis Styles. Close to the train station. Breakfast included, good coffee. Ibis Styles have been good when I've used them before. Hopefully a nice relaxing nights sleep before Saint Jean. Mid-price range.

I'm going to get the 11am train to Saint Jean the next day. Then have the day and night there. Should be plenty of time for exploring.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm going to get the 11am train to Saint Jean the next day. Then have the day and night there. Should be plenty of time for exploring.
Bayonne is a lovely city, and also boasts the title of "chocolate capital of France". The cathedral and adjacent cloister is a must see, and everything is within walking distance. Ah, Biarritz is quite close, you can take a local bus. Basque culture and gastronomy are remarkable.
I usually don't comment it, but rushing immediately to Saint Jean Pied de Port, and going next morning to Roncesvalles is understandable, but also a pity.

Last edited:
Oh gosh!!! I can see my Camino is going to take a long time !! I will just want to see and explore all the beautiful places

Oh gosh!!! I can see my Camino is going to take a long time !! I will just want to see and explore all the beautiful places

Vicky, go for every experience that presents itself and take as long as you have... you may never walk this Way again.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Yeah, but Biarritz can wait. Maybe until the journey home. I'd prefer a few days there minimum.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum