• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Arriving in Leon : accomodation and credencial questions...

FatmaG

I am planning to walk the Camino del Salvador (& Primitivo) this year, starting mid-June.

- As I will be arriving by train (probably) in Leon to start my camino there, will I be allowed to sleep on my arriving day in the Pilgrims' albergue (calle Escurial) or rather not? (I know some places do allow arrivers, others don't...)

- Where can I get my Credencial for my pilgrimage in Leon? Is there a "pilgrim's office" in Leon?

Thank you for your help!

Fatma

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fatma:
I´m sorry I missed your post when you sent it. I was out on the Camino!
You can get a credential in Leon at either of the the pilgrim hostels. Once you have that, you can stay there and start out the next morning. The CSJ of UK has a downloadable and pretty up-to-date guide available on a donation basis.

You´re going to LOVE the San Salvador. It´s my favorite!
Rebekah

Thank you for answering, Rebekah!
And welcome home !
You were on the Primitivo, weren't you?
Did you finally need your tent?

I am getting really impatient to be on the camino again, I must say...
Some weeks left...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum